Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi!

Can anyone who has had band to bypass give an insight into how your weight loss is going? I know it's gonna be a little slower but I never really lost weight with the band (long story), so I don't know what the expectations are.

Thank you!

I just had my band removed and revision to bypass on 2/13/17. I've been doing really good. I've lost just over 40 lbs, including my 2 week pre-op. I had so many issues with my band the last several years so it's been great to be able to eat and drink. I know everyone's experience can be different but I'm glad I did it!

I had my band removed and revised to RNY last July 29th - I am down 90 lbs and am working on the last 30. While there are some new challenges the positive benefits WAY out weigh the negative . This is a lifestyle that I can and will live with ! I do not miss sugar or caffeine. This was the best decision I could ever make !

I am only 2 weeks out and feel like a million dollars! It is so nice to feel good and I know it will only get better. My band had slipped and I spent years not being able to eat meats and healthier things. Although I am still on full liquids and puréed, I can tell that this was the right choice for me.

Hi!
Can anyone who has had band to bypass give an insight into how your weight loss is going? I know it's gonna be a little slower but I never really lost weight with the band (long story), so I don't know what the expectations are.
Thank you!

I had my revision procedure 2/23 and am down 30 pounds and am feeling like that may have been the best decision ever

That's awesome!! Thank you for writing back to me! My revision is 1 week away. I have my pre surgical apts tomorrow. How has eating changed for you? With my band if I ate too fast or too much I would get a terrible stuck feeling and have to vomit. My band did get so tight that I couldn't even keep Soup down so now that my band has been I filled I've had to start over with no restriction.
People say they get a burp or hick up when their rny pouch is full, do you have the same?

That's awesome!! Thank you for writing back to me! My revision is 1 week away. I have my pre surgical apts tomorrow. How has eating changed for you? With my band if I ate too fast or too much I would get a terrible stuck feeling and have to vomit. My band did get so tight that I couldn't even keep Soup down so now that my band has been I filled I've had to start over with no restriction.
People say they get a burp or hick up when their rny pouch is full, do you have the same?

It's a totally different feeling than the band -- u cannot force urself -- u will know when to stop (at least in the beginning -- I made shrimp and crab enchiladas and was only able to eat 1/2 of an enchilada and was done for the evening -- just like anything -- try different things and see how it works for u-- try ur best to stick to the post op diet -- it's the time when ur insides are healing

I had band revision to RNY 14/11/2016. I've lost 55lbs to date. It's slow and every month I stall. I have the same fear every month that I'm not gonna lose anymore. Be prepared for a slow long slog to the finish line. I have another 50lbs to go [emoji37]

I had my band removed and converted to gastric bypass on April 12 2017. Since the surgery I have gone from 320 to 287 as of today. Only thing I do miss is my morning coffee but since the surgery I have no more foot or knee pain. I have not needed my diabetes meds. Good luck to you the first couple of days is painful but after that you will do fine.

I had my revision done June 5, 2017. I am just over a week post op and am down 10 lbs.
my hw before sleeve 282
Lw after sleeve 163
Weight before revision 192
Current 182