Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Belt of progress...........

Ok so am I the only one who has a hard time letting go of that old belt that you wore when you were at your largest? I mean I just love the fact that I have had to add like 8 holes in it to make it smaller. I don't know maybe its just like a trophy to me or something of that nature. My GF was telling me to buy a new one and I told her she was nuts lol. I guess she would never understand considering she is only 110 lbs lol. So am I the actual crazy person or are there more of us out there? :confused:

I have one of those strech belts it now goes to the side loop . How can you get rid of the first gage of how your doing. I can't let go either Paul

Not a belt but I hang onto clothes way longer than I should. I love them feeling so loose. But they look goddawful. Old habits die hard though, I once avoided form fitting clothes like the plague!

My belt does not have notches, it just tightens in the buckle. I can wrap it around me 1.5 times though. I was pulling on it an was thinking this thing is really long.

I know what people mean about hanging on to clothes too long though. I had to donate my all my winter jackets this weekend. There was enough room in them for me and my son.

Word of warning to you guys though. This weekend I put on one of my wifes fleece jackets and a t-shirt and it fit. She was not too happy.

Andrew

I had to laugh at this post...b/c yesterday my wife and I had this same conversation...about getting a new belt and I'm saying "No...it's perfectly fine." Granted...it's cracked and tattered...but it always puts me in a good mood when I put it on and sinch it up. So...yeah...I'll eventually get a new one...but not for a while. :-)

Take care.

Bud

I notice my current belt is going to have to be put out to pasture before to long. Iam down to the last hole on it. I hope that the first fill will help keep me going to get a new one.

Chris

I'm not banded yet. Oct 26 is the big day. I feel like going out and buying a belt that fits me now, just to watch it get loose!

Yeah, so far i'm not down so much that it looks silly, but its great to see at least 6-7 holes that you've gone through on your way DOWN. It's a way of seeing progress i guess. But holy shit CHRIS NJ, you had your surgery after me and you've lost almost 3X as much, what's your secret???

:biggrin1: Thanks ! All I have to say is walking and more walking. I walk 3 - 5 miles a day . I have been mixing in jogging with the walk now though and lifting weights. Between that and eating proper foods the weight seems to be coming off pretty fast. It has slowed down a little bit but still coming off.

i cant believe you just mentioned this...i am doing the same thing. it is my badge of honor. i was shocked to see how the belt has "grown"....

i like wearing it even tho' it looks like i need a new one FAST

Hey Chris,

I have my own belt of progress now. I noticed just last night that I am on the last hole on my belt and the thing still slips over my former huge butt!

I just had to buy some new jeans yesterday too. Thank God for Wally World! $10 jeans and they look decent. I am not going to buy good jeans till I am close to goal. These are 48x30. I have to make due with high waders 'till I can get into a 44 waist. They start making 32 inseams at that waist size. And they go down in price by 2 bucks! SO... $8 jeans to progress with my belt... Times are sweet!

Gonna have to buy me a leather hole punch soon so I can continue the "legend of the belt"

WooHoo!!!

Hey Chris,

I have my own belt of progress now. I noticed just last night that I am on the last hole on my belt and the thing still slips over my former huge butt!

I just had to buy some new jeans yesterday too. Thank God for Wally World! $10 jeans and they look decent. I am not going to buy good jeans till I am close to goal. These are 48x30. I have to make due with high waders 'till I can get into a 44 waist. They start making 32 inseams at that waist size. And they go down in price by 2 bucks! SO... $8 jeans to progress with my belt... Times are sweet!

Gonna have to buy me a leather hole punch soon so I can continue the "legend of the belt"

WooHoo!!!

I used my cordless drill and a drill bit. It works just fine lol. Wally world is good for the cheep polo shirts also. I have changed a few sizes since I have started my journey.

I used my cordless drill and a drill bit. It works just fine lol. Wally world is good for the cheep polo shirts also. I have changed a few sizes since I have started my journey.

None of Wally World's shirts used to fit me. That is why I never bought them there. I suppose I can fit in them now!