Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who set your goal weight?

My doctor would never offer a number other than 50% of my excess weight, the average loss for sleeve patients. That would have put me at 211.

I want to get below 160, which is entirely my goal. I'm currently at 168. I think I'm starting to plateau, which isn't bad given I started at 285, but I want my goal.

Am I being unrealistic? How did you set your goal?

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Just started getting serious about exercise. Plan is to lift and do cardio four times a week each. Started this week. I'm hungry all the time, and having difficulty resisting temptation.

In fact I should get off the couch and go to the gym right now before it gets late.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Maybe, the plateau is your body maintaining the calories you give it. Uping the calorie burn might get you to your goal and possible more food if healthy choices. Im uncertain because i am just beginning this journey but thats my 2 cents. Great job on the weight lost so far.dont give up

I looked at the smartbmi calculation. It was the only one that took body type into account. I'm just shy of 6-5 and on a larger frame so it said: 230.

Seemed OK, I'll reassess as I get closer.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using the BariatricPal App

I set my goal. My doctor tells me how much he expects me to lose before my next appointment. At my three month appointment he said I was where he expected me to be at six months, then he said lose thirty pounds before my six month appointment. Haha. I am not sure where he expects me to end up, but I am trying hard to meet his goals.

Do they set your goal weight after surgery? Mine is in 2 weeks.

I never got a goal weight from my doctor. We talked about what I weighed in HS, and he thought I could back there.

I still weigh a little more than I did in HS but I I am physically smaller. Not sure how much more I want to lose. I'm not sure I want to end up a size 6.

My doctor never gave me a goal. I wanted to be at 125 from 240. That's the goal I set.

I got to 114.

I've now gained some back and am about 125-130 (I think). I quit weighing. Its just a number anyway. I feel great at this weight so that's all I really consider these days.

Can you get to your goal? Of course. But it is just a number. Get to where you feel your best and is maintained easily for you.

On here I set my goal weight. I think for my height and BMI number, the weight I want to reach is a good milestone for me both physically and especially emotionally. By surgeon however has this expectation that I should be about 40lbs lighter than my goal. I think it could be doable, with additional factors into play such as skin removal surgery. The problem is that I honestly don't know if I'll ever want to go through that surgery. This last surgery was very rough for me, and I did have some complications. I was under in that surgery for almost 4 hours. From what I've read and seen online, the skin removal surgery is an almost 8 to 10 hour procedure, and the recovery is long and very painful. Mentally I know right now I am not ready for that. And therefore I kinda have already known in my head that 180lbs might be only realistic to me if another surgery is involved. Do I want the other surgery??????

My surgeon set my goal as 155 lbs. I want to be smaller than that but my wife said I shouldn't because I will look sickly.