Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My experience with carbonation has been like this:

Had tiny sip of Diet Pepsi and it gave me a crazy beating in my chest but I thought it was my nerves.

A couple of days later I did it again and nothing happened.

Different day, I had a bigger portion of Diet Coke ( quarter of a glass) again with the crazy beating but it didn't last for a long time.

So on a different day I tried quarter of a glass of 7up and I threw up a little and burped like crazy.

Today I tried Dr Pepper, and I must say I drank 3/4 of the can and it was a bad attempt I threw up so much and felt so sick and dizzy afterwords even my stomach and shoulders felt funny for hours.

I hope this helps I feel bad I can't drink carbonation at least for now but I may try again on a good day and I wish it goes well.

There are other sleevers who are more than a year post up say they drink carbonation everyday.

I my self is a recent sleever so I this maybe why my experience hasn't been great. also I must mention I suffer from excessive saliva after the surgery which isn't a common side effect and my doctor says he doesn't know why this is happening to me and that it is rare since he did a couple of leak tests and they were both ok.

Everybody please pray for me to get over this issue.

Please share your experience with carbonation and excessive saliva. and when did you first attempt to drink carbonation at which point of your sleeve journey.

Thanks and best of luck to all.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

First attempt before a year out= OUCH

Now at 2+ years out? All is well. Except sadly, beer. Something about the carbonation in beer makes me really uncomfortable and bloated.

14 months out.....can drink it, but choose not to.

I just lost the desire for diet Dew, diet Coke and the like. Gladly, I've avoided beer, too.

I can say that simply drinking Water and coffee has me feeling much better. I stay hydrated and am not consuming all the crazy ingredients found in the diet sodas I was sucking down before.

Now at 2+ years out? All is well. Except sadly, beer. Something about the carbonation in beer makes me really uncomfortable and bloated.

I'm glad to hear it's all good with you right now! Do you remember when it started to go smoothly?

I've just learned many sodas carry a flame retardant chemical in them. ????

That was enough for me to not touch a single one again. coffee, tea, and Water for me.

Maybe it's the chemicals that don't set right with your stomach. Be careful and many blessings on your journey.

I'm a very recent sleever but hope some day I can drink a little beer and champagne. I have no interest in soda ever again. Haven't been much of a soda drinker since I was a kid. Anyway my understanding is that any carbonation can be problematic for life. Still it's something I'm willing to give up if needed!

I'm glad to hear it's all good with you right now! Do you remember when it started to go smoothly?

I think at around 14 months out I noticed it didn't hurt anymore when I took a sip.

Keep in mind I don't drink it all the time. I drink one 7.5 ounce Coke Zero a day. The rest of the day I drink Water, tea and coffee. Lots of herbal tea in the winter!