Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WOW- a glimpse into why others have left!

I just read a thread over on the 'POST surgery' forum about POP. a newbie post related to drinking soda after surgery, a vet answered them and got herself torn sideways from the OP.

I feel bad because this person was QUITE obviously trying to only help, and give adequate information. For example, the OP carried on about their 'pouch' and stretching it.

The vet simply responded that a sleeve is not the same as a RNY pouch and that it really can't be stretched according to anatomical make up. Well, so much for trying to help! When I was a NOOB i was so happy to get good advice from the vets. in fact, that is how I learned the majority of the information that I needed pre-op. Obviously the other newbies couldn't give me advice based on experience, but the vets then were SO helpful (that includes many people on this forum).

So building off the other thread related to vets leaving, I look at this and totally understand why some vets have left....

Yep, I can't believe how snarky some of the posts have become!! There is an old saying, "Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies!" When a question is asked, most reasonable, people assume that a straight answer will be given! Better not to ask questions!! I accept brutal honesty!!

I guess I was just SO thankful when I was new, to get any good answers from vets. I looked at them-and still do- as an invaluable resource! I felt bad for the responder! Of course there was much discussion about the 'pouch stretch'.

I WANTED to chime in that although with a sleeve there is no actual stretch, drinking pop CAN lead to a lot of regain- like it did with me. but, i didn't respond at all.

Meh. After almost 3 years on this forum, I'm used to it by now ;)

I so wanted the vets input and knowledge when I first started! I hung on their every word, even when they told me I didnt know what I was talking about. They are the reason I've been successful thus far. It honestly gets me a little misty eyed just to say that.

It may be my tone. I'm not the most warm and fuzzy person, and it rubs people the wrong way sometimes. But I'm straight to the point, and that should at least be appreciated, darn it! ;)

I thought you were straight on, and totally honest. been here about 3 years too. i think our surgeries were close in dates, but you have lost more to this point. I want to stay here because I have to tackle a regain and attempt to re-lose it plus the little bit i had to go until final goal.

i agree that back then, i hung on the every word from the vets. they taught me SO much. my surgeon and staff were always so impressed that i had so much knowledge, all learned here!

happy you are here!

When i started here 7 years ago.... it was lapbandtalk (just lapband patients).... and it was wonderful... NOW did we all always get along.. NO..... But, it's wasn't as Catty as it gets now.. Lord forbid you have an opinion other than some.... The gang up on you like a pack of mean girls in a school yard...... None of the "my WLS is better than yours... nanna nanna booboo"... crap

I was lucky that when i was new... i had great inspiration and advice given. So, i try and pay it forward when i can....

@@mi75

Ahhhh thanks sweets! I've always enjoyed your posts too! After all, we are almost sleeve sisters!

When i started here 7 years ago.... it was lapbandtalk (just lapband patients).... and it was wonderful... NOW did we all always get along.. NO..... But, it's wasn't as Catty as it gets now.. Lord forbid you have an opinion other than some.... The gang up on you like a pack of mean girls in a school yard...... None of the "my WLS is better than yours... nanna nanna booboo"... crap

I was lucky that when i was new... i had great inspiration and advice given. So, i try and pay it forward when i can....

Edited because you know what? Not even worth arguing with people like you anymore. You never see your own hypocrisy anyway.

Edited because you know what? Not even worth arguing with people like you anymore. You never see your own hypocrisy anyway.

What?.... what the heck did i say to you? Please explain your comment.

Hold up, wait a minute....

Aren't you the one who told another member of this forum that 75% of the members here hate her? Aren't you also the one who entered a political discussion, threw the first punch, dropped the "f" bomb on the rest of the participants in that conversation and then called them the C word?

I have the screen shots of it if your memory is failing. ;)

@@LipstickLady don't you have anything better to do then to keep re-hashing old crap..... Why don't you get a life and leave me alone. I really don't care what you have to say.... you are a nothing to me....

Stop being so jelly and concentrate on improving yourself.

See..... Mean girls in a school yard.... One of the leaders....that's what you are...

Poof... be gone with you....

@@LipstickLady don't you have anything better to do then to keep re-hashing old crap..... Why don't you get a life and leave me alone. I really don't care what you have to say.... you are a nothing to me....

See..... Mean girls in a school yard.... One of the leaders....that's what you are...

Not to be a mean girl, cause I'm not, but didn't you expect a reaction when YOU brought up the past? I've posted several things on different posts and never been attacked or jumped on!!

Old? It was a few weeks ago! And once again, you threw a jab by calling people mean girls and "Catty", you just don't like it when someone pushes you back. ;)

Weird stuff right there.

What's that saying about dishing it out and taking it?

:D

Not to be a mean girl, cause I'm not, but didn't you expect a reaction when YOU brought up the past? I've posted several things on different posts and never been attacked or jumped on!!

RIIIIIIIIGHT???

how did i bring up the past in my original post? they started in on me.... yet again.... Im glad that they haven't attacked or jumped on you. I hope no one ever does.