Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

From WLS to WWF

I am six weeks plus out from my surgery, and doing well. I have been off work (I run my own small business) since surgery because of lifting limits, so I have been goofing off and doing hobby stuff or light duty around the house while I heal up.

Today will be a big day, and a test for how well I have been healing. The little monsters, aka my four grandsons, will be arriving with their parents for Thanksgiving. The boys are seven, five, three, and one. Papaw (that's me) is one of their favorite people. They love to attack en masse. Wrestling with me is a huge thing for all of us. I am doing very well with my incisions healing up, but I will be interested to see how things go. Hopefully I won't be posting in the "I sprung a leak!" forum later on this evening.

I bet you will do fine. Just listen to your body. Happy Thanksgiving!! Enjoy those babies. They are what life is all about.

Thanks. We always have a good time, but I need a day to rest after a weekend with them. They are one of the big reasons for doing this WLS thing. I want to keep up with them as they grow up.

What a cool post. Enjoy your grandchildren and happy Thanksgiving!

I know exactly how important those grand babies are!! I have 8 of my own. They are so great for my soul!! Of course, we will be joining them for Thanksgiving dinner. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

The first round went successfully, and no one busted a gut (so to speak). I am 58, and for my birthday last month my parents gave me a brand new copy of Mike Mulligan and his Steam Shovel. This was one of my favorite books as a small boy, and my mother read it to me "every single day" by her report.

Here is a pre bedtime picture of me reading that book to them for the first time. Even the baby sat still through it, although he was impatient to get to his book called Trucks Roll.

IMG_5839_zpsnuijxm5p.jpg

Edited by LittleBill

I absolutely love your post @@LittleBill !

That book is a real classic. It really stirs emotion in me everytime I read it to my nephews. A great message.

Trying to keep up with the kiddos in my family was one of my motivators to have surgery and succeed at weight loss as well. It's been working out great for me so far.

Enjoy your beautiful family. Happy thanksgiving !

Wish there was a "love" button for this post. So sweet! Enjoy your time with them!