Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thankful Thread

Getting close to Thanksgiving, always gets me feeling grateful for what I have. Thought we could post what we are feeling thankful for currently!

For me when things get rough, I like to look back and remember what there is to be happy about.

So here's mine as of today:

• My husband. What a rock..funny, supportive, smart, sexy, and genuinely the nicest person I've ever met. I do not know how in the heck I got so lucky.
  • My pets. The most unconditional bundles of love I've ever experienced. They are very much my "kids"!
  • My parents. Always there for me, wonderful people all the way through.
  • My daughter. Brilliant, compassionate with a heart of gold. She's had my heart completely since she's been born. Love her so much.
  • Health. Getting healthier and feeling better every day. 6 weeks post-op, starting to physically feel WELL, which is awesome.
  • My job. I graduated with my Bachelor's Degree this year and I finally work in my field of passion: art and design. Finally working with professional, considerate people for the first time ever.
  • Location. Living in there Southwest. Sun all the time. Love it..
  • Cooking. Learning new healthy recipes is so fun!
  • Autumn. Favorite season.
  • Exciting possibility for next year: Husband and I are thinking about going to Ireland next spring!! Alway wanted to go.
  • hair. I got a cut that I really like. I'm appreciating it before it starts falling out!

Edited by The New Kel

Getting close to Thanksgiving, always gets me feeling grateful for what I have. Thought we could post what we are feeling thankful for currently!

For me when things get rough, I like to look back and remember what there is to be happy about.

So here's mine as of today:

• My husband. What a rock..funny, supportive, smart, sexy, and genuinely the nicest person I've ever met. I do not know how in the heck I got so lucky.
  • My pets. The most unconditional bundles of love I've ever experienced. They are very much my "kids"!
  • My parents. Always there for me, wonderful people all the way through.
  • My daughter. Brilliant, compassionate with a heart of gold. She's had my heart completely since she's been born. Love her so much.
  • Health. Getting healthier and feeling better every day. 6 weeks post-op, starting to physically feel WELL, which is awesome.
  • My job. I graduated with my Bachelor's Degree this year and I finally work in my field of passion: art and design. Finally working with professional, considerate people for the first time ever.
  • Location. Living in there Southwest. Sun all the time. Love it..
  • Cooking. Learning new healthy recipes is so fun!
  • Autumn. Favorite season.
  • Exciting possibility for next year: Husband and I are thinking about going to Ireland next spring!! Alway wanted to go.
  • hair. I got a cut that I really like. I'm appreciating it before it starts falling out!
Thank you for sharing, my journey starts Dec 7 and start my liquid diet on Nov 30th.

Yes, I Thankful that I got finally approved for my surgery and going to work hard to get healthier and perhaps even date again. Lol

Keep in touch

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the BariatricPal App

Lovely idea to bring this post about...

My favorite time of year is always Autumn... which makes Thanksgiving my favorite holiday, as well.

My Thankfulness this year...

First, and foremost, to MYSELF. For having the courage to seize the opportunity presented to me and to make the most of it- which brought me back to the person I was 10 years ago, albeit a HELL of a lot wiser.

Obviously, my children. They are my heart. (Even though they are literally arguing right now in a group chat I'm in with them...notifications dinging like crazy! Lol...not even in the same states, they're debating...)

The joys of discovering new people, new experiences, looking at life in HD vision with clarity. Today, these are the things I'm grateful for.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Well...today I am Thankful for my hubby who has been thru thick and thin with me..not just weight but our whole life's journey. My son and daughter whom I love deeper than life itself. My Grandkids who have brought so much joy into my life. My dog Carmella because she loves us back so hard!! My kitty MIA just because she makes me laugh so hard at her ways. My Cousin Rosie who is battling her cancer so hard, she keeps going when I'm not sure I could even go thru what she does. She has always been there for me. I am so THANKFUL for the life I have been given and that I am able to enjoy it like I haven't in a very long time!! This is today, who knows what tomorrow will bring for me to be Thankful for!!

My mom, she's always here for me, takes care of me and shows unconditional love

My healthcare team is awesome, I actually trust them and they have and still are improving my quality of life

Good friends because they are hard to find and nurture but once you have thrm, life is even more beautiful

Thankful.....

So many things.....where to start ?

Thankful that I live in country where my freedom and safety are assured to by the U.S. Armed Forces, the finest people on Earth. They have afforded me the opportunity to turn my life around. Due to their vigilance and bravery I have been able to focus on such details and have choices and say so in trivial matters. This perspective sure makes my aggravations seem much smaller and easier to deal with.

I am very thankful for all members of my family. I look at my teenage son and see reflections of what I've done right while on this world. He's strong, vital, introspective, caring, savvy, a strong supporter of others, self sufficient, strong work ethic, considerate and looking ahead at piloting his own ship. I am thankful for those that have come before me and helped to shape and galvanize my resolve and demonstrate how to get through tough times with grace and faith. I am thankful for the current and future times with my parents, sister and extended family. So many great times ahead. I am grateful for the time I had with my high school girlfriend who I went on to marry and start a family with. She's certainly stuck around with me through some less than stellar times and helped me to see that change was needed in my stubborn thinking.....and stuck around while these changes took root.

I am very thankful for the catalysts for my current physical state. These were pain and fear. Yes, I'm thankful for pain and fear. It took near constant pain and fear brought on by diminishing abilities and sense of loss to help fan the flames of motivation to make a change in my approach to living. This led to embracing the idea of weight loss surgery and seeing it it through.

Now....a year and a month later.....I am Thankful for this morning....which finds me preparing to go in for a long day on a stressful job.....but with the security to know that I am not defined by this, or any job. I am a guy with options, abilities and credentials to make career changes.

I am thankful for being comfortable with the concept of change.

I am thankful and confident of knowing the kindness, love and supportive feels of people who are helping me see and shape a new future.

I am thankful for the bottom line determinations made by two of my doctors in that past weeks....that my organs, vitals, etc are uber healthy...more so than ever and that the joints that cause my daily aches can be replaced with new parts for me to try to wear out in the decades ahead.

I'm thankful for the new and creative ways that are coming to mind on how I'd like to wear these new joints out.....wickedly fun..........

@@Dub

Your thankful post gave me goosebumps, in a good way! Wonderful post.