Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much weight is too much? Do I have a problem? Is this normal?

I started my journey 30 months ago. I have lost 145 pounds. I am now 120 pounds. At 128 pounds my Dr. told me he thought I was at a healthy weight but it would not be unhealthy if I wanted to lose more weight. We just did not talk about how much weight would be too much. I want to get down to 110 pounds. I am 5'2" and I have a small frame. I do have extra skin. I have seen a plastic surgeon and because I am so tiny I only have 2-3 pound of extra skin that needs to be removed. Because of my extra skin I am still very uncomfortable and I still do not feel comfortable with my body and I still feel fat. I also feel like I could lose more weight. My question is, is it crazy that I want to lose 10 more pounds? I have attached before and after pics. TIA

post-301648-0-15902200-1475665895_thumb.png

post-301648-0-47294300-1475666089_thumb.jpg

The desirable rule for women is 100 pounds for the first five feet of height and five pounds for each inch over. So 110 is perfect for you.

Congratulations, you look phenomenal.

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

So I should. Weigh 150 that was 14 yea ikd ,

Sent from my S55 using the BariatricPal App

Rosey Posey, I know you looked great at 14 and 150 if you were 5'10" then. 181 would be perfect goal weight now and put you at 24.9 BMI - one point under being overweight.

I think you look great, but if you wanted to lose another 10 lbs, I think you could pull it off, too, and not look sickly or anything. You do have a petite frame.

That rule (100 pounds for first 5 feet, 5 more pounds per inch) is an okay general rule, I suppose, but I know I certainly would look completely malnourished and sickly at 125 pounds. I just saw a plastic surgeon a couple weeks ago and he said he wouldn't recommend going lower than 150, and that's after skin removal, based on my frame and current size. We all have to keep in mind that carrying around extra weight for so long increases the density of your bones, which adds unseen weight. Also, most of us exercise fairly frequently so keep your muscle mass in mind as well. I would say if you're unsure about what weight you should be at, get your body fat percentage tested as well as perhaps a Water displacement test, and go from there. That's far more accurate and tailored to your personal body, and will therefor make a whole lot more sense than just choosing a number and trying to get there. You may find that the little extra around your tummy is just skin, and continuing downward when you're already healthy would not only be pointless but also possibly not good for you.

Personally, I think you look amazing. :D You're super pretty! Congratulations on your success. ^_^

I think it's mental issues if your still feeling fat after all that great work. you should talk to someone to build confidence in your self. you look fantastic btw.

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

You are my idol. You look amazing now and before. Im not really an outside person. Meaning i dont look at people and say shes beautiful, i go by the person you are. You can have the best body in the world but have the worst additude to go along with it. Thats what will keep you heavy. But looking at you picture when you were heavy, you had a sweet face then. Please dont get to the point where they have to put you in the hospital ok.,just be healthy.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

So I should. Weigh 150 that was 14 yea ikd ,

Sent from my S55 using the BariatricPal App

Rosey Posey, I know you looked great at 14 and 150 if you were 5'10" then. 181 would be perfect goal weight now and put you at 24.9 BMI - one point under being overweight.
I'm also 5'10 and going for 180. 150 hasn't happened sine I was 14 and had no childhood weight issues. I'd be skin and bones.