Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Guys, below is my current workout plan.

My goal is to develop Size and Strength. If you have any questions, please reply and I'll be happy to provide detailed answers.

*Remember- Everyone's body and goals are different* What works for some may not work for others. This is what I do.

Just a few keys that I follow for success and to avoid injury are:

1. I always stretch!
  2. My form is very strict. No Progress is made when corners are cut! Seek the guidance of a professional before doing a new lift. Hell, watch a YouTube video at minimum.
  3. When I do my Big 3 Lifts (Bench Press, Squat, Deadlift) i always have a spotter. A friend/workout partner or fellow gym member won't offer to spot but will do it if you ask them.
  4. I'm a strong advocate of Mind+Muscle connection. I focus on contraction (the squeeze). No locking out joints.

Monday- Leg Day

• Barbell Back Squats 5x5 (2 warm-up sets of 10 reps are done prior to this) ASS 2 GRASS FELLAS!
  • Leg Press Machine 4x10
  • Leg Extension 4x15
  • Leg Curls 4x15
  • Hip Thrusts 3x10
  • Calf Raises 3x20
  • Ab Circuit-3 rounds

Tuesday- Chest

• Flat Bench Press 4x10 (2 warm-up sets prior)
  • Incline Dumbbell Press 4x10
  • Cable Flys (high) 4x10
  • Cable Flys (low) 4x10
  • Chest Press (Hammer Machine) 4x10
  • Cardio

Wednesday- Back

• Deadlifts 5x5 (2 warm-up sets prior)
  • Standing T-Row 4x10
  • Lat Pulldown 4x10
  • Seated Rows 4x10
  • Dumbbell Row 4x10 (each arm)
  • Ab Circuit 3 rounds

Thursday- Shoulders & Traps

• Dumbbell Lateral Raise 4x10
  • Dumbbell Front Raise 4x10
  • Real Delt Cable Fly 4x10
  • Seated Barbell Shoulder Press 4x10
  • Barbell Shrugs 3x10
  • Dumbbell Shrugs 3x10
  • Cardio

Sunday- Arm Day

• Tricep Rope Pushdown 4x10
  • Bicep Rope Curls 4x10
  • Skull Crushers 4x10
  • Barbell Bicep Curl 4x10
  • Single-Arm Tricep pulldown 4x10
  • Alternating Dumbbell Curls 4x10
  • Overhead Tricep Cable Pull 4x10
  • Hammer Curls 4x10

I was feeling pretty good about the cardio and kettlebell workouts that I have been doing, but this is seriously impressive. Thanks for sharing.

I was feeling pretty good about the cardio and kettlebell workouts that I have been doing, but this is seriously impressive. Thanks for sharing.

Believe me, when I'm traveling or need to switch things up if I plateau, I head to the kettle bell rack! They're such a versatile training tool that I can do a complete session of just that. Keep at it! All fitness is good fitness

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

This is great and very detailed

Psyched to get started

Thanks a ton!

This is great and very detailed

Psyched to get started

Thanks a ton!

Getting started is the hard part. I'm confident you'll kill your workouts!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Ok so I am 2 Months out

HW 400

Sw 334

CW 287

There is not much info out there for Male

Sleevers and Fitness advice.

Should I be looking to add a Strength program or more of a shred program. I have always been about Strength over just looking shredded but 2 months out I was wondering which might help me in preventing loose skin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using the BariatricPal App

That's a pretty exhaustive strength routine, but for hypertrophy you want to have higher reps, lower weight...or some kind of progressive overload strategy. Looks like your sets are all the same weight. Personally, I like strength training first and size second. If you have a good strength foundation, you can easily achieve size. For beginners, I'm a fan of the 5x5 programs like Stronglifts or Starting Strength, personally. I don't do a lot of isolation exercises, except for biceps curls...but I'm more interested in strength than size now.

Edited by PorkChopExpress

That's a pretty exhaustive strength routine, but for hypertrophy you want to have higher reps, lower weight...or some kind of progressive overload strategy. Looks like your sets are all the same weight. Personally, I like strength training first and size second. If you have a good strength foundation, you can easily achieve size. For beginners, I'm a fan of the 5x5 programs like Stronglifts or Starting Strength, personally. I don't do a lot of isolation exercises, except for biceps curls...but I'm more interested in strength than size now.

I started stronglift last week I am currently on week 2 but am worried if that's right for us during rapid weight loss? Should we be more focused on cutting weight with more high rep workouts than strength to address the skin issue

@@SleeveG You will still gain some strength at first with Stronglifts, but you'll hit a hard plateau where you just won't be able to gain any more, simply because you lack the calorie input to add more muscle. But the routine will help you maintain muscle mass, so I wouldn't worry about busting through any strength barriers when you hit them.

If you end up wanting to switch to more of a bodybuilding-oriented regimen once you've hit goal weight, then you'll start wanting to do isolation lifts with high reps, or a progressive overload style like you'd find in Body For Life, where your goal is to completely exhaust the muscle and encourage growth. But if your foundation comes from strength training, you're going to have even better results with that, most likely. In the end, it'll be a trial and error process to see what works best for you, and what gets you the results you want. But for right now, a program emphasizing overall strength with compound lifts is, in my opinion, the best way to maintain as much muscle as you can, to help with your fat loss goals. It's just too hard to get the calories and Protein necessary to create hypertrophy in your muscles and cause them to grow a bunch, before you're close to goal.

Edited by PorkChopExpress

@@SleeveG You will still gain some strength at first with Stronglifts, but you'll hit a hard plateau where you just won't be able to gain any more, simply because you lack the calorie input to add more muscle. But the routine will help you maintain muscle mass, so I wouldn't worry about busting through any strength barriers when you hit them.

If you end up wanting to switch to more of a bodybuilding-oriented regimen once you've hit goal weight, then you'll start wanting to do isolation lifts with high reps, or a progressive overload style like you'd find in Body For Life, where your goal is to completely exhaust the muscle and encourage growth. But if your foundation comes from strength training, you're going to have even better results with that, most likely. In the end, it'll be a trial and error process to see what works best for you, and what gets you the results you want. But for right now, a program emphasizing overall strength with compound lifts is, in my opinion, the best way to maintain as much muscle as you can, to help with your fat loss goals. It's just too hard to get the calories and Protein necessary to create hypertrophy in your muscles and cause them to grow a bunch, before you're close to goal.

Thanks Man this was Great feedback Much Appreciated