Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm in Bandland!

Hi everyone,

First, thanks to everyone for the support and kind thoughts! I'm sure y'all will understand if I don't respond immediately to PMs or e-mail--this is not going to be a big day for computer work.

So everything went smoothly! :D I'm a bad patient, though, and can't stand the aftereffects of anaesthesia. That was the worst part, the fuzzy-headedness of yesterday. I was home by 2:00 p.m., and spent the rest of the day nodding off like a heroin addict. Yuck! I'm skipping the pain meds today, phooey.

Surgery was the easy part, really. The crap they gave me to drink for the x-ray test afterward was pure poison--not barium but something safer. I almost barfed all over the radiologist. :D

Today I'm clearer of head but feeling bloated and achy. I have only four incisions and the bandages come off tomorrow. I'm feeling hungry, which to me is a good sign that all systems are up and running. Bring on the broth!

Thanks again to everyone, and I'll see y'all later. Time to hit the easy chair. :D

Fantastic Alexandra!!!! Welcome to the land of the band. :D

Gosh you're doing well if you're off the pain meds. I wasn't so lucky. But I can't really remember it now, well maybe just a little.:D

Take it easy. How long do you have to be on liquids for? The next few weeks can be tricky (well they were for me). But you give the impression that you are really motivated, so I doubt you will have a problem.

Good luck and look forward to sharing this journey with you. Wow I can't believe how quickly your surgery came around.

Take care

Alexandra,

Woooo-hoooo!!!! You did it!! As hyped as you are about this whole think, I just KNOW you'll be Bandster-of-the-Century! Keep up the positive attitude! But please, if you NEED pain meds, please take them!! If you sit there in pain, it can actually slow your healing. But if not, then good for you!!!

Take it easy and let us know how you're doing in a few days!!

Welcome back I'v been watching for your posts.Rest and take it easy for a few days and keep us posted. Roxanne

CONGRATS !!!

So happy you are doing well.

Take it easy and put the feet up, you deserve it.

Now me...well I did great after surgery BUT I did milk it a little

as I like the extra attention I got from my husband and family :D :D

And I was never one to pass up the pain med's :D

Keep us all posted as we are all very excited for you and look forward to your posts.

Yeah Alex!!

Welcome to our ornery group of losers!!!! You will be a superstar, just know it!

I am glad to hear all went well and am looking forward to your full recovery so that we may hear your point of view. You seem so passionate and I am sure you will be back to your old/new self soon! Good luck to the future Band New You!

~Dawn (preband)

Congrats Alexandra! You're a doll and I love reading your posts. Glad to hear that all went well and you're back to tell us how you're doing.

Wishing you well from Oregon!

Lori in Oregon

Dr. Rumbaut 07/09/03

Congrats on it all going well.

I was like you - I decided to not take too much paid med - I was scared on getting up and down that I could do some damage if it couldn't feel anything, but regardless I didn't think it hurt too badly (not compared to having another baby - which I did 15 months ago).

Within a week or two you will feel fantastic - and the walk walk walk advice is never truer.

Glenda

Banded 29 July

Dr Ritchie - Sydney Aus

Wow, you are all so wonderful! Thanks a million for the support and good wishes!!

Today I went back to my normal activities, somewhat against my will. :D You know, one daughter has a dentist's appointment and the other one comes down with pinkeye and has to be picked up three hours early from daycare; DH can't do any of this because he's off picking up stepson for weekend visit. And other things I'd put off this week had to be done, so I did them.

Now DH has the whole crew out to dinner and I'm about to sit down for cream of chicken Soup followed by a good night's sleep. Thank heavens!

I took off my bandages today and was half-creeped-out by the sight of staples in my belly and half-amazed at how tiny the incisions were. There's only one that will leave any type of scar. Next week the staples themselves come out and after that I think I'll be able to feel normal. There's something so Frankenstein about staples in my stomach!!