Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 Days Post Op...Hurting a lot

I was sleeved Monday 8/1/16 and I am in way more pain than I was expecting to be in. I am only getting about half of my protein/liquids, and I feel too weak and lightheaded to get enough walking in.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what did you do to get past it? Any advice is appreciated!

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App

I was sleeved Monday 8/1/16 and I am in way more pain than I was expecting to be in. I am only getting about half of my protein/liquids, and I feel too weak and lightheaded to get enough walking in.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what did you do to get past it? Any advice is appreciated!

Ugh, me too. I'm 1 day post-op and I'm so sore. It makes me forget what it felt like to feel normal. I can't lay down because even that hurts. I hurt in places that weren't even operated on. I tolerate pain pretty well, but I did not expect to hurt this much.

I'm on day 3 and the stomach gasses and body aches are in full force. I just sip sip sip and walk around the house. The nausea when I drink is strong but goes away quick. I feel better then the day before. But agree to some degree I did not expect this much discomfort. It's a major surgery and the first week is intense

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

It's so hard for me to sip. I'm so tired that all I want to do is sleep. I'm actually stumbling while walking because I can't keep my eyes open.

I think I felt worse on day 4 or 5 than day 1 post op. Try to focus on shakes as your Protein and Water. Heating pad, pillow against stomach for sitting up and walk walk walk as much as possible.

it gets better! Good luck!

Me too. I find it hard to sip. My gas pain starts up whenever I sip so my stomach feels like it's contacting and I stop doing everything and hold onto something tight till it passes. My mouth gets full of saliva like I'm going to vomit but I don't. Not every sip is like that. But I've only gotten in like 90ml. Today. Feel free to nap but do try to force yourself to move and have some time for the discomforting drinking. You'll end up in a bad place if you can't. :( I hope you start feeling better soon!

No pressure just rest and drink what u can when u can.. The first week is honestly the hardest and u should really just be resting. After you have rested and can walk to the bathroom do that ..my Doc was patient with me and I recovered wonderfully. Don't overwhelm yourself with app..rest !!

The amazing thing about surgery is that once its over and you start to heal, you won't even recall how bad you're feeling right now! I know I wasn't feeling too great after VSG surgery, but for the life of me now I cannot remember what I felt back then!

Kind of like childbirth, once its over and done, you won't remember the pain!

Hang in there...it gets better!

Me too. I find it hard to sip. My gas pain starts up whenever I sip so my stomach feels like it's contacting and I stop doing everything and hold onto something tight till it passes. My mouth gets full of saliva like I'm going to vomit but I don't. Not every sip is like that. But I've only gotten in like 90ml. Today. Feel free to nap but do try to force yourself to move and have some time for the discomforting drinking. You'll end up in a bad place if you can't. :( I hope you start feeling better soon!

I'll make me a glass of Water and try to sip it till I fall asleep. I hope this gets easier. Thank you so much. <3

By the way, I was sleeved 6/6/16

Wow, you've already lost so much weight in a short amount of time! Congrats! <3

Hang in there. It really will get a little better each day. Most people turn a corner around day 4 or 5. For some it takes a little bit longer. I promise, all of this misery will be a distant memory soon! I know that doesn't help in the moment though. I remember in the early days after my surgery I was sobbing, questioning if I would ever feel "normal" again. You will get there! Just have to tough it out!

I was sleeved 8/1, which also coincided with the onset of my period (yuck, haven't had one in a while but had to stop BC prior to surgery). I had terrible cramps and gas pain in the hospital, slept 80% of the time, but reasoned it was what my body needed. Going to the bathroom (after catheter -another yuck- was removed) took all my energy. First day home was super uncomfortable and even with walking still hurt. Today I woke up and am able to finally drink a bit more normally (up to 32 oz already) and am actually a bit hungry since I haven't really eaten since Sunday night.

The one thing that would make my life supreme right now is being able to go to the bathroom, but hopefully the Miralax and the fact I'm finally actually ingesting something with nutritional content will move things along.

It dies get better!

I am 2 days post op and had to call the Dr today about a pain that keeps hitting me on my left side just under my ribcage. It comes like a spasm, lasts a few seconds then goes away. No fever, no nausea, just a quick spasm then its gone. The nurse said it was probably gas or i need to use a laxative. She said if it were serious, I would be deathly ill. Well... ..you'd better be right Missy!

Sent from my LG-V410 using the BariatricPal App