Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why did I have to lose my grandma who I could tell anything to and talk about things with. It's been a few month and now my pApa is getting rid of all her stuff. :( my parents have done a lot for him and see him daily but yet he says they do nothing for him. My aunt lives in va beach and has him doing things so if he passes she gets it all. Which is not a big deal but my grandma would never approve of the hurtful things he's said to our family and have done. It hurts me she was looked at like a bother so many memories in the house that lingers of sadness now. We were allowed in to get some of her things like cloths and I just cried saying I'm sorry grandma. My papa always talks about us ( me and my family) like we are stupid along with being fat we are going to not live long. My surgery is also a waste bc I'll be fat again in 2 years. Is how he thinks. I just don't see how someone could be so rude, so mean, and heartless. The reason for this rant is bc I'm sick of him and sick of remembering all the times he's called me fat, my sister fat, my grandma (who was dying) fat, and my mom fat.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm sorry you're having to deal with this emotional turmoil. It's not easy.

Has your Papa ever been diagnosed with an Alzheimer's type dementia? It sounds like he is/has been displaying some of the tell tale signs of it.

Whether he has some sort of senile dementia or not does not make the hurt any less.

It might make the hurt just a wee bit more tolerable.

I guess I would TRY to think about what Grandma would want you to do. I would let her memory guide me. Easy? no But maybe, just maybe your upset and heartache might ease just a bit.

I'm listening. I hope for now, that helps.

You're in my thoughts.

Take care and be kind to yourself and your memories of Grandma.

When those who are supposed to love and support you, treat you so poorly, it makes the hurt a thousand times worse. I wouldn't presume to tell you to keep your distance from him but maybe that's what you need to do till you are stronger and can ignore his hurtful remarks.

My father has always been critical of me in a snarky sort of way and it impacted my whole sense of self worth. He isn't even aware that he did this...but it's impacted me for almost all my life. That's one of the reasons why I dismissed him when he told me to talk to my sister about losing weight. I told him straight out that all that would do would make her avoid me. He didn't even realize that would be the result. He's a very smart man except when he's stupid.

I have tolerated it for many years and it's just getting worse. I know he has some type of dementia or something but he will never go to the doctor to be diagnosed.

I will get back on track tomorrow, my grandma was all for me and the surgery. So I will make it my life goal to lose weight and run 5Ks for her. Do things she did with me ( tweetsie railroad, historical places, amusement parks, ect..) with my daughter.

I have tolerated it for many years and it's just getting worse. I know he has some type of dementia or something but he will never go to the doctor to be diagnosed.

I will get back on track tomorrow, my grandma was all for me and the surgery. So I will make it my life goal to lose weight and run 5Ks for her. Do things she did with me ( tweetsie railroad, historical places, amusement parks, ect..) with my daughter.

There ya go! :)

It must be very difficult for loved ones to be so negative and critical and mean! I'm sorry you've had to endure this. Anyone who talks like this to people is not to be listened to. I'm so sorry for the loss of your grandmother. I was close to my grandmother too. It's very difficult to lose someone that you are so close to. Try to forget all the awful things your grandfather has said and focus on the positive things in your life!