Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Success story? How about a 2fer Tuesday?!

This week started off like most others, I just came back to work after almost a week off. I had to go to Iowa and help my dad with some moving related stuff. I was afraid my workout might suffer after taking so many resting days. Well, my leg day workout wasn't inspirational that's for sure. But as I always do on Mondays, I weighed in. 202! Wow, I did not expect that. I had been hovering between 205 and 208 for a while and was totally cool with it.

Then it hit me... I still have my shoes on, my phone, and my headphones on. So I shucked them off and weighed again. 199.
On.
The.
Dot.
I mean it was a solid 199, not teetering, but a even balanced 199!
But wait... this could be a fluke. So I went to my YMCA gym later that night. Boom, 199. OK, this is amazing. But it could still be a fluke. Today, I go to the gym and weigh myself yet again. 199. Ladies and gentlemen, I am calling it. I actually hit my stretch goal.
tumblr_inline_o59ixdWxPa1th6o3w_250.jpg
I was so stoked! So I go over to my nemesis to get it over with and out of the way. The dreaded pull ups. I have been training by doing negatives. So I drag a bench over to the pull up bar and climb up and assume my position hanging from the bar. And I am just hanging there man. Then it hits me... I'm not slowly going down. I'm actually staying above the bar.

So I let myself down, and in a moment of pure otherworldly perception, I pulled myself up... up... and over the bar! I JUST DID A PULL UP. The first one in my entire life. I must find my 7th grade gym teacher and make him watch! I was so amazed, I thought I would do it again. And I did! And again. And... not this time. I got 3 perfect pull ups though. So then I went on to do the rest of my workout, but I kept eye-ballin the pull up bar. So I went back over and did another 2! I am literally stunned. All in all I ended up doing 10 honest to goodness pull ups.

Needless to say, this has got to be the best day since my surgery. A day I honestly did not think was really going to happen no matter how hard I worked. I'm under 200 lbs and I can do a fricken' pull-up.

@@BigTink2LilTink @@Dub - your time is coming. I expect to hear some victory stories from you guys soon!

post-252425-0-27616800-1462909410_thumb.jpg

this is so very encouraging to me! thank you so much for sharing it with us.

I think it would be amazing to do a pull up. and to be at stretch goal? extry good. :D

Congratulations!!!! That's majorly awesome. I can't wait until I'm able to experience some of these milestones myself. :)

That is very cool. I am not at the pull up stage of this yet, but I did hit some pretty cool milestones here in recent days. First I was able to successfully do planks where I could hold the position for a solid 60 seconds. Second, I was able to do sets of squats without my back or knees killing me afterwards. But the most cool thing so far was to step on the scale this morning and see that I'm now under the 250lbs mark. Yeah its 249lbs, but damn it I'll take it.

Edited by BigTink2LilTink

Woo Hoo!! Well deserved my friend, well deserved!

You are one of the hardest workers with this weight loss thing and a HUGE inspiration to me.

Plus, you look hot.

;)

@@BigTink2LilTink - dude! Those are huge victories! Why haven't you been boasting on here man?! Rock on brother!

You are one of the hardest workers with this weight loss thing and a HUGE inspiration to me.

Plus, you look hot.

;)

Inspiration? To Babbs? Wow, that's some pretty hefty praise! And hot? Hi Pot, I'm Kettle.

Oh! Mah! Gawd!

All of those achievements are so wonderful.

I'm so very happy for you.

WINNING!

I just love it when everybody wins. :)

Congratulations!! I so needed this inspiration. Thanks for sharing

Congrats to you! I lost that one more pound recently and updated my info on BP today. I checked my ticker to make sure the weight was saved and I'm at a BMI of 29.6. It's official, I'm certifiably no longer clinically obese (still overweight but getting there). Welcome to ONEDERLAND!!!

I'm proud of you !!!

You are truly one of the real deal no kidding winners on here and inspire me with your results and the efforts it took to get your results. Good stuff, bro, good stuff.

I've been away from the gym a bit lately. My excuse is a killer workweek that ended and I hauled arse a day later to drive up an visit with my folks. No gym to be found. I cooked, I grilled, I did what I could.

Came home today and hopped on my scale......a new low was seen....at a time of day when the scale is normally not friendly.

You have been kicking arse and taking names for the longest, boss.

Keep after it. Proud of ya !!!

You kick ass! You're good looking, sexy, built....HOT! Whatcha doing later??

You kick ass! You're good looking, sexy, built....HOT! Whatcha doing later??

Hubba hubba! I'm not doing anything later sweet thang, we should hook up!

(relax people, she's my wife!)

I guess cause I'm holding out for the true big one. The one where I make goal weight finally. These last 25lbs are like freaking a beast to lose.

@@BigTink2LilTink - dude! Those are huge victories! Why haven't you been boasting on here man?! Rock on brother!

Plus, you look hot.

;)

Inspiration? To Babbs? Wow, that's some pretty hefty praise! And hot? Hi Pot, I'm Kettle.

I guess cause I'm holding out for the true big one.

Dude, those "little" ones aren't so little. You deserve the praise when they happen.