Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeve this month in Belgium!

I'm off to Czech Republic on the 18th, what date are you going to Belgium?

I had mine done in Belgium....who is your doctor? The service and care was excellent. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Mine was in Brussels...can't remember doctor's name bit will look it up.

I've no idea who's doing mine but I don't really care, I'm just so focused on getting it done

I had mine done in Belgium....who is your doctor? The service and care was excellent. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Mine was in Brussels...can't remember doctor's name bit will look it up.

Mine will be in Roeselare by Dr. Vanden Borre. Please tell me you know about him!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I've no idea who's doing mine but I don't really care, I'm just so focused on getting it done

Haha I was like you! But my friends were asking me about the surgeon then I googled him and started to freak out!

Haha I was like you! But my friends were asking me about the surgeon then I googled him and started to freak out!

That's why I'm going nowhere near Google, I'm going into this just focused on getting it done and recovery.

Oops, made a right pig's ear of the quoting, sorry!

Not the same doctor...I didn't research mine at all other than Belgium Surgery Services (check there) but I was very impressed with my care...better than NHS...it is a competitive market so they need to do a good job. It will be fine. Gears and doubts creep in. Just believe this is the right thing for you and ask questions....mine was all done through email...didn't even meet surgeon until day of surgery.

You'll drive yourself mad, just remain focused on the end result and get on with it. Think positively at all times and get any negative thoughts banished immediately.

Not the same doctor...I didn't research mine at all other than Belgium Surgery Services (check there) but I was very impressed with my care...better than NHS...it is a competitive market so they need to do a good job. It will be fine. Gears and doubts creep in. Just believe this is the right thing for you and ask questions....mine was all done through email...didn't even meet surgeon until day of surgery.

I will try. But yeah another reason I'm not liking this is because how come the doctor won't see me until the day of surgery? Plus, as u said its all through emails! Like how come they do the blood tests and others before 1 day of the surgery? Is this normal? .....

You'll drive yourself mad, just remain focused on the end result and get on with it. Think positively at all times and get any negative thoughts banished immediately.

I will try my best.

Like how come they do the blood tests and others before 1 day of the surgery? Is this normal? .....

Thousands of these ops have been carried out using this model so yeah, I guess it's normal if you go abroad for surgery.

You'd best ask the company. As I said, I haven't asked any questions, they are more highly regulated abroad than in Britain so I'm putting my faith in the doctors. It's not in their interest to make mistakes.