Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any 2016 Type 1s out there?

I'm a T1D of 40 years on an insulin pump, and about to have the VSG procedure in about a month. I would like some feedback from those with T1D who have had the procedure, and if there were any complications from the diabetes, as well as blood sugar control. If you are/were on the pump, how did you manage it?

I'm T1 on an insulin pump and got sleeved about 2 years ago. Was good for about a year, lost quite a bit and had energy and then my fibro got really bad and stopped working out, started eating crap again so gained a bit back. Started a Keto diet a couple of weeks ago and that's helping, but I've cut down on my insulin quite a bit but still taking glucophage. I guess the sleeve is still good bc it limits how much i can eat otherwise would have gained more back. When i went for surgery though had to get off the pump and they didn't know how to control my bs so i was a mess (went to TJ for my surgery).

Hi there, type 1 for 26 years. Insulin shots for life. Taking pre op

classes and this is week 5. 1200 calorie diet. I have been eating less carbs and more Protein. Sugars are lowering but the weight isn't. Frustrated but in no way giving up. Sept / Oct can't come soon enough. I am so ready. Good luck to you

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Howdy,

I am a type 1 for 25 years. On a pump and a CGM. My bg's are all over the place and I am hoping the surgery will help. I have a date of August 9th.

So glad to find other type 1's here.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Today was rough...
      I've been experiencing a headache all day today that just won't go away. I'm thinking it's now progressing into a migraine. Does anyone else get headaches from taking vitamin B12? I did some research and learned that usually a lack of B12 causes headaches. But I've noticed when I take it, I have reoccurring headaches. 😫
      · 0 replies
    • sammijaee

I can’t figure out how to update my surgery stats but 
      start 259
      sw 245
      cw 237
      gw 175
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products