Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I grill all the time! chicken skewers tonight!

I want to grill some chicken breasts, my worry right now is it will be too dry for me. Also, a back wrapped jalapeno (ABT's) would hit the spot... I'll probably wait another couple months before trying many grilled foods. But yeah, I'm a big fan of the grill.

Well that's good to know!! Thanks yes I love grilling also. I never been one for white meat too dry for my liking even before surgery unless it's from a rotisserie. Dark meat lover here. That jalapeño sounds yummy!! That according to egg face website has some great recipes I cannot wait to start cooking I love cooking but never seen any grilling recipes or maybe just bypassed it.

The short answer here for me is "Yes".

I freaking love to grill.

I'm looking for the days ahead when I can get back in my grilling game again.

My favorite thing to grill is beef brisket. I like to smoke them slow 12-20 hours depending on the size of the cut.

The burnt ends are my favorite part and go quick. The sliced portions are great on sandwiches, but I'll be having mine plain. Succulent stuff.

My most often grilled item is the basic boneless chicken breast. I generally brine them first and cook to 165 degrees internal.......I promise you they are full of savory flavor and anything but dry. Great for so many things: plain, in sandwiches, in chicken salad or my family's favorite......chicken dip.

Lotta great vegetables get grilled, too.

Chicken wings and salmon are fairly frequent menu items, too. Both can take on lots of great additional flavors with various rubs.

Pork tenderloin, tri-tip, steaks..........oh yea.

Son's two favorites are my smash burgers and slabs of pork ribs.

My wife's favorite is pulled pork with homemade slaw.

My favorite....or at least my old favorite......homemade grilled pizza. I buy the dough from a local bakery, roll it out really, really thin.....sauce with a light Tomato sauce or simply stewed tomatoes and top with lots of mushrooms, homemade meatballs, pepperoni, onions and red onions. I'm going to work on a suitable crust substitution and whittle down the carbs while keeping the flavor. It'll be a work in progress.........

Dub that all sounds delicious I'll try then chicken and see how it works out for me. Your making me so Hungary!!! Haha

:D

It's going to be fun being able to enjoy foods again. The right foods. The right portions. The right times. Going to be very tasty.

I'm going to have to revise things for my chicken breasts. The rubs ( I generally use store-bought or mail order rubs for most of my grilling) need to be evaluated for sugar content......

The brine may be tricky as my prior method was simple: Water, salt, sugar and whatever herbs & spices seemed good at the time. Obviously, the sugar is now gone. There may very well be an aftermarket brine that's low carb. Heck....even marinating the boneless breasts in Italian dressing overnight will work great.

165 internal is the key. A fast reading food thermometer is a great aid to grilling.

I'm not averse to boneless thighs, either. They take a nice marinade and a quality rub works well on them, too. They may even be a better choice for chicken dips and such.

Another thing that is going to be fun is getting busy on some Soups and stews. Low country boils will be great family meals.....I can sidestep the corn and potatoes and enjoy the rest.

I grilled using my indoor stove top grill some pork medallions marinated in Walden Farms Italian dressing. Yum! Yum!

I will be doing a few whole chickens this weekend in my smoker. I am having a party for my sister! It should be fun.

@@sarahbethemails If you have a chance you should really try any of these products for your needs. They come HIGHLY recommended and take the fuss out of knowing what *may* trigger dumping.

https://www.waldenfarms.com/index.html

I grilled using my indoor stove top grill some pork medallions marinated in Walden Farms Italian dressing. Yum! Yum!

I will be doing a few whole chickens this weekend in my smoker. I am having a party for my sister! It should be fun.

@@sarahbethemails If you have a chance you should really try any of these products for your needs. They come HIGHLY recommended and take the fuss out of knowing what *may* trigger dumping.

https://www.waldenfarms.com/index.html

I like some of the Walden's dressings.

Their BBQ Sauce, though, not so much. It's hard for a company to make a hickory-type sauce and have so few calories, though.