Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will I be facing hormone issues?

My surgery is October 26th.

I had a complete hysterectomy in 2013, and three years of tamoxifen before that. I thought I was done with all my hormone issues, but with the beginning of my pre-op liquid diet, I'm starting to feel as though I'm experiencing a hormonal response. So I'm thinking, the body stores estrogen in fat. I'm losing fat now, with more to come. Could there still be enough residual estrogen in my system to cause me trouble? It's not going to stop me, but forewarned is fore-armed, and my husband and son will want to know if they should be prepared to duck and cover. ;)

My surgery is October 26th.

I had a complete hysterectomy in 2013, and three years of tamoxifen before that. I thought I was done with all my hormone issues, but with the beginning of my pre-op liquid diet, I'm starting to feel as though I'm experiencing a hormonal response. So I'm thinking, the body stores estrogen in fat. I'm losing fat now, with more to come. Could there still be enough residual estrogen in my system to cause me trouble? It's not going to stop me, but forewarned is fore-armed, and my husband and son will want to know if they should be prepared to duck and cover. ;)

We are very similar.I take anastrazole

Yes, it does cause hormonal issues. The severity of hormone fluctuations vary from person to person. My period stopped altogether back in January (3 months post op) and put me in menopause at age 38. I have difficulty differentiating between symptoms of a depression/mood disorder and symptoms of hormone fluctuations. It all feels the same to me.

@@Pinkgirl1234 I had bilateral mastectomies with partial reconstruction 6 weeks after the hysterectomy in 2013, and I finished the reconstruction in January of this year. Thankfully, I no longer have to take anything for that!

I wanted a mastectomy...insurance only paid for lumpectomy...ugh

@@Pinkgirl1234 After three years of tamoxifen, my uterus was a mess. The oncologist agreed that my best course of action was to head further trouble off by opting for the full surgery, owing to dense tissue that could mask more trouble. I didn't want to think about it any longer.

Exactly.

Will be ready to send all paperwork to the insurance.Got a tentative date set for Dec 28...wait and see....