Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Second Fill - don't feel any different

I just had my 2nd fill and so far, no difference. Will I notice it more when I go back to eating solids tomorrow?

She only put in .5cc because of all the PBing I had from my first fill - even though I explained that it was my fault for eting too fast, taking bites that are too big etc. I have my 3rd scheduled for July 18th if this is not the one.

Take it cool susansilver. I had my 2nd fill only in June. It took two weeks before I felt restriction. I haven't followed the fill schedule as given by the TLBC because frankly I couldn't afford to fly back to TO, but I have found after the first and 2nd fill, it took about two weeks for me to feel a tighter restriction. We are all different so wait and see. Doddie

Take it cool susansilver. I had my 2nd fill only in June. It took two weeks before I felt restriction. I haven't followed the fill schedule as given by the TLBC because frankly I couldn't afford to fly back to TO, but I have found after the first and 2nd fill, it took about two weeks for me to feel a tighter restriction. We are all different so wait and see. Doddie

thanks Doddie - you always have such solid advice!

i got the max of 2ccs...so far with only liquids i think i feel a difference. I can't wait for solids to see if im good. I think ill be able to gauge that fully in a week or so.

i got the max of 2ccs...so far with only liquids i think i feel a difference. I can't wait for solids to see if im good. I think ill be able to gauge that fully in a week or so.

What did you get on your first fill? How much do you have total?

Susansilver

I was just like you, fill after fill . Now I am up to 3cc and Finally feel the restriction!! You will get there, everyone is different!!

i got the max of 5ccs first fill. I had only felt restriction for maybe 1-2 days. And....had gained 2 pounds. So she gave me a 2cc. So now i have 7cc in a midband. I better not be the freak case that needs 11! ...Either way im on the right path.

I now have 4.5 cc and do feel a little more restricted - but not as much as I had hoped. Maybe it will start to kick in between now and my next one on the 18th

yes, hopefully it kicks in. People say it sometimes takes a week or two. Im clear for eating as of 12 minutes ago, although i still havent, but i will soon because im hungry and we'll see how it is. But even fluids are going down different than last time. This time i had a Soup and i couldnt finish. I was intending on finishing it, but i just couldn't i guess if it was food that would be true restriction (something i really haven't fully experienced yet). But we'll see how food goes down now. I'll be EXTRA careful chewing, because with my first fill at first i had to watch out like crazy, but towards the end, there was no problem whatsoever eating.

yeah, i feel so much better, like happier because now i feel like i'm back where i need to be. I think that this fill is making a huge difference, my family was having pizza so i had a bit and i cut it up into super small pieces and in the end i probably had less than 1 piece (it was a thin crust home made pizza) I had 2 small square pieces. So anyways, that filled me up...i hope its not like my last fill where this only lasts 2 days.

That sounds good Rob. I have noticed that sometimes when my "Stomach" is full, I still WANT to keep eating, but I have learned not to. I hope that WANTING will start to fade..

Hey there,

I got my second fill this morning and it went really well. I was down 2 more pounds and that made me happy as I thought I was likely up. I guess it was more Fluid retention as I was a bit stiff from increasing my walking this week.

I am now at 5cc and hoping that I will feel some restriction too. I was not having any trouble eating, no sliming no PB'ing. It feels good to have this band to help me get where I want to be!!

YAY for the band!!!

Relax! Everyone is different but you will get there with patience! I have been banded almost 15 months and my last fill was in February. We are all so different - my fills usually don't kick in till about 3 days afterwards. Sometimes my band will tighten for a few days and then other days it feels loose and I am hungry. When that happens I just ride it out and within a couple of days it feels tighter again. Most bandsters find their bands are tightest in the morning until noon. You really can't always figure them out but plan strategies to handle their sometimes fickle nature! Also don't be surprised if you need several fills to reach good restriction. A responsible clinic will give conservative fills because they don't want to run the risk of you becoming overfilled and needing an emergency defill, better safe than sorry! Hang in there you will do fine!

Donna

VBG/87 Revised To Lapband/06 By Dr. Cobourn

251/148/125 goal

Had my third fill on Wed. I'm now at 8cc. she put in 1.5 but I couldn't get down Water while I waited. That was a horrible feeling. I thought I might up it right there in the waiting room.Went back in and she removed .5 and I could then feel the water make it way though.

Feeling good restricting now.and the scale has finally started to move again.

I too am still fighting this head Hunger beast. I want to eat more but the good old band is doing its job and I am so Happy with that. Still its frustrating at the same time. I am sure it will take a while to get this new way of life in our heads: To eat to Live and not live to eat. I forget who mentioned it a while back about everything been certred around eating and not noticing it so much but now I sure do. Isn't it the truth.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. I find weekends the hardest. More of the social thing happening and food everywhere.