Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need an accountability partner/buddy/mentor

Hi - I am seven months out from a GVS and have not been behaving well. I just got my weight loss started again after a 2-3 month plateau (initially lost 40 pounds in about 4.5 months). It may not even be considered a plateau, because I was eating too many carbs and grazing instead of eating meals (easier).

I am motivated now to stay on track, and need to begin exercising. Anyone out there who is willing to do a daily check-in with me? I need to be HONEST with someone about my eating and activity levels, but tend to be rebellious, so a gentle but firm touch is needed. Thanks - LuAnn

Edited by lapier

How far out are you from your surgery? VSG right? When you are under a year, is your surgeon offering anything?

Quite honestly I wish you the best of luck to find someone who is going to check on you every day. It sounds like you already know what the problems are. Have you talked to the nutritionist? What about the psychologist?

Part of the bad behavior is not following up with them. I know what to do - just need some accountability. It's been 7 months and I have lost 47 pounds. Since I started eating real food again - not just Protein Bars and other easy foods that don't require much thought or preparation - the weight is coming off pretty quickly.

You can add me on Faceboo . Send me a friend request to Shannon Cannizzaro Lincoln ca

I will do that - I have a secret FB group for 'my journey' - I will add you there! Thanks - A LOT!

Oh my goodness! If I did't know better, I would have thought I wrote this,

I am 7 months out and seemed to have lost my MOJO. I got on here tonight looking for support and a kick in the butt! I think I have found it!

I need a partner too! Someone I can tell that I have or have not been good with out judgement but will put me in my place.

I keep saying I'm gonna walk tonight... then I find every excuse in the book not to.

I even stopped wearing my fit bit... cause it showed me I was doing NOTHING!

I would love to join you in a new journey to kick start my life back on track.

:)

Thank so much for posting!

Lena

Let's do this. Anyone who wants..the more the better. Send me your FB names and I will invite you to the secret group. Yay!

I found Lena online, but nobody else. If you want to join the group, you hve to friend me, and then I can add you since it is a secret group. LuAnn Pierce - thanks

LuAnn Pierce

What is your fb name lapier

LuAnn Pierce