Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is it rude to ask people how much they spent on plastic surgery? I'm not talking about out in public but in here. I'm not opposed to leaving my state if I need to when the time comes to get the best surgeon/price. I never know if it's acceptable or not to ask how much? I know most people want to know. I don't want to be rude I just want to start getting some ideas of what it would be. Obviously I would have to be seen to get an exact amount so I'm not expecting that since every procedure is different, just a figure. I know some states are cheaper than others ect...or I would consider Mexico IF I could hear from someone who has experience and good results with a particular surgeon. If you care to share I thank you in advance! PS the procedures I'm considering are breast lift with D/DD implants (I've always had large boobs) a Tummy Tuck and maybe arm lift!

It's been asked and answered many many times on this forum. A search will bring you lots of info.

I went to Dr Sauceda in Mexico in 2013. I am very pleased with my results. He uses twilight sedation with epidural which removed my biggest fear - the being sick from anesthesia which happens to me everytime i have general.

I had a breast lift/implants, lower body lift, arm lift and a small thigh lift (groin incision only). the total cost was in the 16K range and he includes your aftercare for 11 days (3 in clinic with full nursing care, rest in a hotel where you are visited daily by him and a nurse in separate visits), garments and a credit toward your airfare.

I am sure prices changed since 2013, but at the time he was considerably more affordable than my local options. More than that, the amount of after care he provided was much much more than offered for me locally. I did 4-5 local consults and I think everybody should do that before deciding. He does consults by email and then final decisions are made the day before your surgery when he does the markup.

@@CowgirlJane Thank you for sharing! I read through some post about surgery but not really how much it cost. I didn't search too long though.

@@CowgirlJane Which procedure would you say was the most painful?

I didn't experience much pain at all. Dr Sauceda does an excellent job of managing it - so my fears about that were unfounded. Having said that, recovering from the lower body lift is a big deal. i was on very limited activity and just plain exhausted for 6 weeks. It was more like 10-12 weeks before I felt like doing really aggressive physical stuff (horseback riding, skiing etc). This is no joke, take it seriously. People who are active too soon often have complications. (of course, you can have complications even if you do everything right too). I recovered fine, but it felt like forever.

I figured the Tummy Tuck would be the worst, I dread it more than anything else's. I've had 3 c-sections and 5 stab wounds from the VSG so my poor stomach has been through it.

If there is a place where you can ask any question at all, that's here. I think we should all ask questions and be answered without any judgement.

We are here to get help and support :)

I believe that you should try your best to get plastic surgery if it helps how you feel after a weight loss surgery.

Specially since my friend got a gastric bypass and decided to keep his extra skin to remind him of his hard work. Today he's more over weight than ever. I believe that it's because he never felt good with him self.

But we are all different :)

@@nickelbv That's how I feel too but I was also raised to not ask people how much their personal things cost :) I don't want to offend anybody or put them on the spot. I'm a big mouth so I don't mind sharing but I know some people are more private. I guess they don't have to answer ;)

Same here, not to get too personal.

But here, I don't mind any questions. If people are offended, they can just move forward to another topic :)

Dr. Colon Santiago Dominican Rep they are sites just for that hope that helps :) and no it's not rude

Here's the quotes they sent me from Medical tourist corporation...

post-237766-0-09506900-1436915360_thumb.jpg

post-237766-0-64535700-1436915391_thumb.jpg

Yikes. I know it considerably cheaper in Mexico, but dang you're still looking at $5-10,000 (at least with what I would want). I'm gonna lose 10 more pounds and wait a year to see how I feel about it. I may learn to live with my terrible stomach, lol.