Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am dying over here waiting for my coordinator to get things sent to my insurance. It has been like 2 weeks since I did all my preop stuff. Know shes trying to make my case and not the only person she has to do this with but atleast when i had preop stuff i felt i was moving i. the right direction not just at a stand still

The waiting is the worst. I remember thinking six months of classes would be unbearable, but nope, it actually went by very fast because I was so involved in the process.

After that came the killer part. Wait to be called for a fitness test, and then wait for them to request my labs, then get my labs and wait for approval - and eureka it finally came! I was in heaven, for maybe two whole days. ????

Because after that it was wait to be called for the psych evaluation, and the internist, and the surgical consult. And lo and behold my day finally arrived, and I returned to heaven... For all of 24 hours. ????

Because next I was waiting for a surgery date. And then... the long awaited call came through. I remember the date of the call like it was yesterday, because it nearly was - 06/26. Last Friday. What a great way to start the weekend, right? And my surgery date is: 07/29! ????

Yep, gotta another full month of waiting ahead of me. I've been waiting so long I've added "waiting" to my resume.

But you know what? It's all good. It's taught me patience in a way I never knew I possessed.

Your approval will be here soon too, and you'll look back on it one day and realize it passed by a lot quicker than you thought.

Good luck and hang in there!

Edited by The Candidate

I hope so! lol They say patience is a virtue and I was just not born with an ounce of it. Once I get an idea in my head I obsess. Not one of my better qualities hehe. I have tricare prime south and no where does it say a specific amount of time like 3m or 6m needed but It does say that they want history of doing a supervised diet. I don't have any specific history of getting weighed by the doctor but did give my coordinator months of weight watcher receipts and nutrisystem. Plus when I was pregnant I had to be on a low carb diet so we could manage my gestational diabetes with just food. I know she's going to include that info since They did technically weigh me each time and I was technically on a diet lol. Hope it all works out makes me nervous because if they don't approve it then i have to do a few more months of a diet with seeing my pcm. I really want to get the surgery done before Sep. so keeping everything crossed. I much rather her submit it and see what they come back with then wasting time. lol

Just finished signing my consent today. Was told the process takes three days and expect a call from the doctors assistant. I have been placed on a high Protein diet for healing afterwards. All meat or supplements. Can add veggies but no Pasta, rice, potatoes, or bread. Met my protein goal the first day hope that I can keep doing it. Also that it helps. Going with a couple of scoops of the powder as suggested and some of the pre-package ready to drink and eat kind. Anyone going through this while waiting?

Good luck. It will happen. I have insurance through the state of VA. Well let's just say I've been on this journey for 15 months. My insurance required a 12 month program. I'm now scheduled for surgery July 13. Keep your head up it will be worth it. I still don't get too excited bc I'm scared another "glitch" will happen.

Not to bust your bubble, but even once it is in you may have to wait. I received a quick turn around from my insurance company however my surgeon is booked through the summer and my date is anticipated in September. Waiting is definitely horrible to ones mental health!

Aarrgh

I have already talked to my surgeons office and asked about how long it will take once I am on the book and luckily its within a month of insurance approval. :) I just like to feel im moving forward. And not knowing if ill be approved is super stressful so once I know I can plan accordingly.

So happy to hear your wait won't be too long! You have a wonderful life ahead of you!

Well they submitted it to insurance so now I just wait to see if it gets approved... so instead of feeling impatient im feeling worried and anxious lol. Oh bother! Super nervous about getting approved since I "technically" dont have supervised visits, but I do lol