Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Orange/Rockland/Westchester

Though I'd say hello to all the bandsters in my vicinity.

I live in Orange, work in Rockland, and travel across the TZ bridge into Westchester often.

I thought it might be nice for people within close proximity to chat and get to know one another - offer support, form friendships, and possibly meet someday down the line.

So........................

Hello Orange/Rockland/Westchester bandsters!!! Would love to hear from you!

Hi,

My name is Karen and I saw you live in the area. I am from West Nyack, NY (Rockland County). This site has been so helpful. I am suppose to get my band in Aug. I am very excited. Any suggestions or hints you have would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Karen

Hello Ladies and welcome!!! Hopefully more Orange/Rockland/Westchester people will begin posting on this thread. It really would be nice to get to know more people locally.

Karen - The best advice that I can probably give would be to join a gym and begin an exercise routine AS SOON AS your doctor recommends. So far, I have been very successful with the band, but truly believe going to the gym has been the biggest reason for my success. Not only does it help the pounds melt off quickly, but when you get in to the routine of it, you will be less likely to sabotage yourself with poor food choices!

Pacomomma - Are you from Goshen? I live in Monroe (right on the Tuxedo border) What are your feelings about the band after 2 1/2 years? My 1 year will be on 7/7/07. While my weight loss has hit a lull lately, I am still in love with my band and so happy to have had the surgery. I fully admit part of my recent "lull" has been due to my own slacking. I vow to get back into the swing of things again soon though.

Lynn

Mommy

I still love my band but still miss that big juicy hamburger. I do not live in Goshen I live outside of Middletown. I work in Middletown. I go to Planet fitness in Middletown.You are so right that most of your success will come from obtaing a routine as soon as possible. I had to stop going to the gym for 6 weeks after my Plastic surgery nd am very happy to sayI can go back tomorrow.

Glad to hear you still love your band. I see that you have lost 112 lbs. and recently had plastic surgery. What procedure/procedures did you have? While I look fine clothed, I would really love to have a Tummy Tuck and definitely a breast lift or augmentation, but not sure the pocket book will afford either. I would love to see before and after pics if you have any. 112 lbs is very motivating!!! Congratulations. I am down about 85 lbs. or so, but have been hovering at this point since around April. Like I said in my last post, I have to kick myself into gear again soon. I can't let myself become complacent!!!

I had a Tummy Tuck and if you go tot he panniculectomy thread in the plastic surgery section you will see the extra skin they took off.

If you message me your email I would be very happy to send you some pics. as I have a hard time resizing them on this site.

Hello All from Middletown Area, part-time worker, and part stay at home mom..

BANDED ON 6/27/07 On my protien shake week... thank heavens.:)

Welcome KathyK.

Congrats on getting your band recently. How are things going so far? I remember hating the first few weeks after banding. Personally, I was starving during the liquid and mushy stage. I didn't think I would make it through. Hopefully you are doing better than I did.

So - Part time worker and stay at home mom, huh? Sounds like you have the best of both worlds. I have one daughter. She is 2 1/2. While I work full time, I am lucky to be a teacher, so I get to see her much more than other full time working moms. So since I have to work, I guess it is pretty ideal.

Are you from Middletown? I am from Monroe.

Lynn

aww to be a part time worker. I would love to do that. But my youngest is now 20 so I am not really needed home. I make coffee for him before he leaves for work at night(he works overnights).In the morning we pass each other on the way in and out. If anyone goes to Planet fitness I would love to have a workout partner.I go after work,around6:30pm

I wish I had a planet fitness closer to me than Middletown. If it were more practical for me I would definitely go there. I hate spending $1,000 + a year on a membership for me and my husband. I don't use the classes as my gym, so Planet Fitness would actually be right up my alley!!!

I have become addicted to the 30 minute workout. I go after work and they have trainers during tht time.Let me tell you those ladies work you out.I actually look forward to the machine part of the workout but after you finish it you feel gret. Tomorrow will be the first time back after my last surgery. I really can't wait.

Thank you all for welcoming me. I am so happy. Dr.Vinces did my banding, and i am happy for the most part, but a bit upset at the location of my port.

The hardest part of the surgery was the first 5 days.. of liquid diet. I hated it.. i was mentally hungry... Now on my second week of shakes i can definetely use a change, but hey i got this far, and dealing with it in a grumpy sort of way. I am cooking for the family and feeding my daughter ..

I called the office today and asked when i can go to the gym, tanning and have a cup of coffee, she said it would be okay to start.. so that changes alot of things for me, this week will go by faster than i thought.

I live in Middletown. So anyone up to planet fitness in the am on tues or thurs.. let me know you can have a buddy.

Question: I invested in the book " recipes for life" for those who had wls. any ideas on what kind of puree Breakfast is good? LET ME KNOW I CAN USE SOME IDEAS, i am started to plan for next week.

:clap2: