Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm FREEZING and FED UP!

Ok, I know I posted this right after I was banded, but this freezing thing has got to stop!! I have to go to bed with big fat socks, flannel pants, a long sleeved shirt, a chenille blanket and then a thermal blanket!! The only thing I need now is a sock for my poor frozen nose. And I live in Florida!! My poor husband is baking and I'm freezing to death. I can honestly say it's painful. My feet don't warm up, my head has to stay UNDER the blankets and it my cold hands and feet hurt! I'm overweight..aren't I supposed to be hot? By around 4am it's time to take off the socks and extra blanket. What can I do to fix this besides turn off the a/c completely which won't happen. Should I wait until an hour before I go to bed to eat dinner? Is that the problem?

:think:think:think:mad::)

Personally, I think it's just your body adjusting. I was just freezing for a few weeks after surgery. I couldn't explain it either but just went with it. I piled on the blankets, PJs, socks and anything else I could think of. Hmmm... I remember thinking at the time though... if I had a nice warm, cuddly man in this bed with me right now I bet I wouldn't be cold anymore. Maybe you just need to give that man of yours lots of hugs... they say it brings up the body temp. too. :biggrin1:

LOL! Thanks Janice, but the snoring from my bedroom isn't too tempting right now. ha!!! I guess it's worth a try huh? I know he wouldn't mind. I just hope all that heat would last long enough for me to actually fall asleep. Otherise it's like now..almost midnight and I'm on the computer because my bed is just too cold! I wish my body would just adjust already and be done with winter. sleeping outside sounds nice and toasty right now...I'm too big of a scaredy cat for that though. :)

I didn't notice at first, but I sure do now. My hands and feet are always cold. Let's just say I love my hot tub.

Keep warm.

Also fleece is the most amazing fabric.:heh:

I can relate! I'm okay now, but there were months where I would beg my husband to let me put my popsicle toes on his legs to warm up.

I have one question for you. Have you experienced the hair loss side effect of surgery?? I lost probably half of my hair and I am sure that my symptoms were partially from the heat lost off my head. I started wearing a warm cap to bed and that helped more than anything. Now that my hair has started growing in again, I feel fine. Oh yeah, it IS summer and 90 deegrees out!

Also, you might try checking your thyroid.

Good luck!!

Is the being cold a reaction to having had the band installed lol probably the wrong way to work that Im such a geek.. ok but is it a result of surgery or just somthing your going through??

I recently spoke with my dr because I have hair loss that they cannot explain I have yet to be banded I also suffer from not adjusting to tempatures and so they belive it is because I am anemic. I am currently taking large doses of Iron per dr before they will consider me for band. I would hate to get colder then I do now.

Eva

Is the being cold a reaction to having had the band installed lol probably the wrong way to work that Im such a geek.. ok but is it a result of surgery or just somthing your going through??

I recently spoke with my dr because I have hair loss that they cannot explain I have yet to be banded I also suffer from not adjusting to tempatures and so they belive it is because I am anemic. I am currently taking large doses of Iron per dr before they will consider me for band. I would hate to get colder then I do now.

Eva

Eva

Eva

Eva

ive had my band over 2 years now and im still freezing,some one suggested to me that it may be lack of nutrition, i dont know but i wouldnt mind a warm too lol !!

I am still cold all of the time. I was told that when we eat our bodies have to work to burn the calories. So the normal person is burning a lot more calories then we are. I notice that if I dont eat much I am colder. So I deffinitly believe that it is because my body is not working as much to burn all the calories like it used to. Oh and I also lost about 50% of my hair. It is almos all grown back. But I believe the Drs just dont like to admit that this is a side affect. Most people I talk to say they also had it. But my Drs office acts like they have never heard of it. Kind of annoying. But hey at least it comes back.

It could also be a circulation issue that was never diagnosed.

You also have to remember that your body needs to adjust as you have less insulation keeping you warm. I still notice it. I have to wear a sweatshirt in the house when the a/c is on.

Being cold is also a side effect of Ketosis...if you are on a high Protein, low carb diet, losing at a pretty fast pace, you're probably in Ketosis and one of the down sides to that is being cold all the time. Hot tea/drinks help.