Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Protein bars do you all have?

There's always a lot of talk about shakes, but not so much about the bars - which are handy when you are out and about.

I am in UK, but find I can get most things from the internet.

I've recently discovered 'Power Crunch' - but just wondering what else everyone likes..?

I've tried the Premier Protein bars (YUCK!!!). So I have ordered off of Amazon.com the Quest bars, sampler pack. Should come today, I think. I'll let you know how I find them. But we all have different tastes, soooo..... The Premier ones were like drywall mixed with glue. Awful. I have a couple of boxes of them headed to the food bank. Sorry, food bank...... Let us know what you find, ok?

I've never tried the Premier Protein ones - I had a look on Amazon, and spotted the Quest bars - I might give them a go too - theres a pack with 12 different flavours - is that what you are getting?

Yes, I am intrigues by the lemon flavored ones (I am a sucker for lemon-anything!!!) and the apple pie flavor. These are the flavors I always liked to bake with, so I hope this will take their places! Let me know what you think of them, too!

will do - and thanks! :)

Well, I'm completely addicted to Quest Bars, so I don't know if I should recommend them, since they are so addictive. I tried Power Crunch earlier this week and it was okay, but not a Quest Bar by any stretch. The main issue I had with them was the low Protein (comparatively) and the high fat/calories. My nutritionist doesn't want me having that much saturated fat. 6 grams of saturated fat is kind of a lot. But, on the other hand, the main advantage they have over Quest Bars is that they don't use "fake fiber" to keep the net carbs low.

I had bought Pure Protein Bars at costco and hated them. Nothing has really appealed to me since my surgery but I've been sticking to the Atkins bars. Haven't tried the Quest bars yet, still waiting for my free sample to come in the mail

i tried the Premier - gross - i like the Pure Protein. I bought a Quest bar this weekend to try it is a s'mores flavor i hope it is good I LOVE s'mores@!! I will let you know how that goes. I also got an Oh Yeah! Bar too - they are kind of high in calories but oh man!!! they are freaking delicious!!! the Almond Fudge Brownie is fantastic. I am kind of sad i only bought one - it is an hour and 15 minute drive back to the store to buy any more! hahahahah! I may have to look on Amazon for those!

I really like both the Quest bars (but only some of the flavors) and the Think Thin bars. The Think Thin bars have more calories in general, but not a huge difference from Quest. Both have 20 grams of Protein and were recommended by my nutritionist.

I think I'm the only person who doesn't like Quest bars. I've tried 4 flavors so far and only kinda liked one. But I still have 5 or so more flavors to try in the cabinet. Maybe I'll find a winner yet! Premier was ok but more sugar than I like. Atkins aren't bad.

I only like the Apple Pie Quest bar and have one everyday for Breakfast. I can't stand any of the other flavors either!

Edited by Bluesea71

Im a Quest bar fan, i have tried Cookies and cream(my favourite), white choc raspberry (mmm delicious), apple pie (lots of cinnamon, but its also yummy), and choc chip cookie dough (not for the faint hearted, massively sweet). I try to have One Bar a day which helps me keep regular.

I have become somewhat of a Protein bar connoisseur after my surgery. I've tried a flavor or two of all brands that I've found with decent nutrition. My top bars are: Quest, Chocorite Protein (make sure it's the Chocorite Protein and not the Chocolite), Pure Protein Baked (not the regular ones), PowerCrunch original, and Combat Crunch bars. If you want something as close to a candy bar as you can get without it being too bad for you, the peanut Fit Crunch bars by Robert Irvine are good, but may be a bit carby, if I remember right.

The Chocorite Protein I've only seen at netrition.com (awesome site - you can get Quest and Combat Crunch there as well) and a local low-carb shop. They are just like a Quest bar but half the size and some different flavors like yellow cake or red velvet cake.

The Combat Crunch I get through netrition or the Vitamin Shoppe. The cinnamon twist ones are close to the taste of a cinnamon roll. They have a much better flavor than the Quest cinnamon roll to me. The others are really good too.

I think that's about it. Now I'm off to find some of those mint chocolate Quest bars. ..I love mint chocolate.

I love the Quest bars ( but only some flavors). My faves are Cookies and Cream, vanilla Almond and Double chocolate Chunk after trying them all. Pure Protein are okay but not as good. You have to watch fat, sugar and sugar alcohols when choosing.