Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sacramento CA?

I'm getting closer to getting a surgery date, hopefully in May. Will meet with Surgeon on the 26th and hoping to get a date then. Looking for support in the area.

Hi Leo. Same here. Forcasting May11 based on the weekly preop weight I am losing. Having mine at UC Davis. Would have had it in April but hit a wall with weight loss. Now on Optifast and preop weight is flying off. Have another weigh-in the week of 4-27 and am crossing fingers they finalize the date.

Good luck with that. I keep getting these urges to eat foods I won't be able to eat anymore, specifically sweets. But seeing the success of others keeps me on track....most of the time. ????

I'm in Sacramento, CA. Welcome to the forum. My surgeon is Dr. Eslami out of Methodist Hospital.

Also in Sacramento. Dr. Eslami offers a free support group. They meet twice a month. I highly recommend it.

Nice to see people in Sacramento. I go in for my Psychology evaluation on 4/20 and I'm hoping I can get a surgery date. Fingers crossed. I'm doing the Kaiser program.

Edited by Leo Z

Good luck today Leo! Im sure you will do great and I am hoping you get your date soon.

I got the call Friday I having been waiting so long for. Preop on 5/6 and surgery 7am on Monday 5/11! Insurance approval only took a day so that is all covered. Now time to fill out FMLA forms. Keep up the great work!

Hey! I'm UC Davis and all of a sudden I'm looking at May26! I really thought they were going to put me off until late summer and now it's all tests and appointments all the time. (Still have the dang gum in my hair from last night's follow up sleep study.) Insurance pending but they seemed to think it won't be a problem with my carrier.

Thats awesome. Had my surgery on Monday the 11th. The entire program was a blur. Before you know it, you'll be at the hospital checking in :-)

They sent me home next day and I thought that was a little fast. Each day post op will get better. You may not think so the first couple days after surgery but it does. I had trouble getting down fluids the first couple days but today it finally happened and I hit my protien goal. Keep an ice pack on hand for post op. You will have swelling and the ice helps. The dvt shots do not hurt. The needle is so tiny. I have WHA insurance and it only took a couple hours to get the approval. Believe me, if UCD thinks there is an issue, they will tell you. Keep us posted on progress. If you have questions let me know. Hope to see you at the support group meetings and you'll do great! Ben

Nice to see people in Sacramento. I go in for my Psychology evaluation on 4/20 and I'm hoping I can get a surgery date. Fingers crossed. I'm doing the Kaiser program.

Leo, How was the Psychology evaluation? I'm doing the test on Monday through Kaiser as well.

Hey there. Also doing the bypass through Kaiser. I have my second psychology appt June 24th. They are so booked!!!! Hope to get in sooner. I just have to do the support group on Thursday and I am done. I am already at goal weight. Anyone here done it?? That can give advice, suggestions?

Edited by GemWillah