Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone on here post op 2.5 years?

I had my surgery June 2012. I'm down 80 lbs. I feel like I may have stretched my stomach. I feel like I can eat more than 8-10 bites of food. I still stop when I am full, but sometimes I don't wait until I am hungry and feel that butterfly feel before I eat again. I'm scared to go back to the doctor because I haven't lost more than I probably should.

I had shoulder surgery in June 2013 and sat around for 4 months. During that time, I couldn't lie down flat, so I didn't go back to the bariatric surgeon for follow ups. Plus, I was in and out in 15 minutes for my visits and felt that the copay wasn't worth it. I haven't given up........and I just started exercising again. I know it's way past the honeymoon phase and now I have to work at it. Just wondering if there was anyone else who had this surgery and feels like they screwed it up like I feel like I did.

I'm trying to get back on track. Didn't know if I could have stretched my stomach out during this time. Guess I just need some reassurance that I can do this!

Thanks!

Hi, I had surgery Oct 2012 and have lost about 110lbs. I still need to lose about 30lbs to be to my own personal goal - one where I will be viable for skin surgery.

I had shoulder surgery too, just a month ago and have put on 12lbs since that time!

On Monday of this week I started cutting out all the junk that I've been eating over Christmas - I'm not totally low carb as I am diabetic and often feel like I get hypos when I don't have any carbs.. but I'm doing better.

Trying not to weigh myself as I can easily get hung up on the numbers, if you know what I mean. Just want to feel better within myself.

I'm thinking that I might have stretched my stomach a bit too, but hoping that if I have more liquid Protein meals that that will help some to get some of the restriction back.

Maybe you should consider going back to your surgeon and getting some pointers from him? he may surprise you!

If you feel you're eating too much the best recourse is measuring your food. Space out your eating to 20 minutes. Chew well and make sure you're following your drinking rules which most surgeons will say no fluids until one hour after eating solid food. Protein first, then veggies and a few bites of high Fiber carbohydrates.

It is natural for the sleeve to stretch some. But that doesn't mean we should try to fill it up. Stay within your measured amounts of food per meal.

Thanks. I'm kind of scared to go back to my doc. since I haven't been there in a long time. I'm afraid he will yell at me.

:( But, I know it's probably something I should do. And yes, I will start measuring my portions and just walk away then rather than take up bad habits again (eating off kids plates what they don't eat). I have to keep reminding myself I went to an extreme to lose weight and that I need to do this for me.

Well, he may scold you, but he can't make you give your surgery back. A doctor hurt my little feelings one time when I went in for some back pain. He said "your back probem is a front problem" and put me on the Atkins diet. I did lose 50 pounds quickly, but gained it all back as soon as I ate that first potato and re-introduced carbs.

But he was right and I just did not like being told the obvious. I don't live in that state or have that doctor anymore, but one thing I do appreciate about my current primary physician is that he is honest with me. His tact is better than my old doctor, but this one is not shy about offering his solution to the complaint I am presenting.

If he overlooked the causes of my medical issues and just gave me a bucket full of drugs, he would not be doing the job he took an oath to do.

So......you already know the score here. You fell off your plan and want to get going again. Even though you know that the doctor who did the surgery can give you the best advice for approaching a new chance at success, you don't feel emotionally prepared to accept the inevitable reprimand.

You know what? Just let him put you in "time out" for you transgressions and then move on. He may not be the green meanie that you think he is. If nothing else, go at least once to admit that you need help. That is the basis for any rehab/recovery. Let the doctor do his job that you are paying him to do. I wish you good luck and good health.