Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nice to hear Christine, i have always gone to NY Presbyterian colombia at 168th st, thats where i had my two kids and all my doctors are there its a good hospital ive just never heard people talking about wls there, i have an app on monday with my pcp im gonna have to ask her and learn more about wls there ???? Thank u and good luck on your consultation????

D o not use daniel herron at mt. sinai hospital......

Yes: I have been very sick since the operation...I did not know who to go to and I have had a terrible time. Everyone is different....make sure that you ask a lot of questions,,,,if I had it to do again...I would go to the mayo Clinic in Rochester,Minn. They have a comprehensive program and are rated well. Do research..and read a lot.......wishing you all the best for good health.......

Sorry to hear your having problems after the operation phantonpouch you are correct every body is different I've had a lot of friends that have gotten wls with no probs at all but it doesn't guarantee everything will be perfect for me although i trust God so much he knows i need this to better my health my 2 toddlers need me, Yes I'm reading,reading,reading thank you Wishing you all the best ????

So glad that you are reading and finding your way.....the journey for me has been rather difficult...and unexpected....if you could read the studies done at major medical centers....that might help....I did not...II know people who have done so well....and so happy for them.....get as much information and discuss with a trusted medical professional..... I was so desperate to take the weight off and I did not prepare.....all the best for good health for the New Year.......

I'm having mine done @ NYU langone medical center which is a bariatric center of excellence Dr. Wren fielding was recommended by my primary care physician. I've been going there for 2 months and they are extremely professional.

I had the sleeve done in September 2014 with Dr. Koshy at St. Lukes hospital. He is awesome. Very caring and very involved. Takes time to answer all your questions. Several of my friends had the surgery done with him before I did. Btw I work at NYU hospital and decided on him.

Nice to hear 3boysandanewme my friend did it with dr.koshy also and i even had an app to see him Jan 15 but cancelled after i saw some papers online of somebody suing him and st lukes hosp for some bad operation he did, I just got scared???? plus you can't find him on the board of american surgeons???? glad your surgery went great!

@ 3boysandanewME is NYU a bad choice on my part? you got me a little nervous. Lol. Anything I should consider my surgery is probably sometime in February with Dr. Wren, any recommendation from an insider would be welcome. ;)

I heard that the surgeons at NYU were very good.....I had mine done at Mt. Sinai and I have been very sick....I should have consulted with others......I have read that the program at the mayo Clinic is excellent since they have a comprehensive pre and post surgery program.......it is good to read and ask questions...lots of reading and asking lots of questions....with good wishes for every success for good health......

Chubbsey1 As far as your question if NYU is a bad choice not at all, but I didn't have the patience for them. I was going to them for a over a year, they were giving me meds, shakes all the things I've tried for many years. So good luck hopefully the process won't take as long for you. Also someone said Dr. Koshy was sued before. The most important thing is to be positive. Anything can happen with the best Dr. in the world. Errors happen everyday, people don't understand that even if it worked for someone it may not work well with you because of your own body or before surgery protocol wasn't followed by the patient. Good Luck wish you well.

Thank you for your responses. I appreciate it.