Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for a Mentor/Buddy in NJ

Looking for support for after my December 3rd VSG in NJ. Would love an experienced sleever to talk with about their experiences, as well as guidance and support. Thanks!

Am in north jersey - bergen county am 5 months out

Be happy to help in any way

Thank you Jersrose43! Would love your help!

Just pm me anytime

Thanks Lovebuggie!

I'm only 3 weeks post op but I'm here if you need anything!

I'm only 3 weeks post op but I'm here if you need anything!

How are you doing so far?

How are you doing so far?

Going crazy. Honestly you have to so strong with this. I've cheated twice already but luckily got back on track. I had my 3 week post op appointment and I've lost 31lbs so far. I'm on my puree diet and am counting the seconds for my next stage which is soft foods and I'm excited. I feel like I'm really lucky because I can drink a lot more than what people tell me. Like I drink more than the 64oz of Water needed but Protein has been hard for me. I only have pain in my stomach during my 5 hour lecture class because I'm sitting a lot but other than that zero pain. I can sleep on my belly now and I'm happy. Just remind yourself you can do it. And you will eat regular food again one day. My biggest craving is chido burrito which is like Chipotle (but better) and I'm excited to eat that again lol.

I have had burritos recently.

I do burrito bowls now

Ask for a little rice and lots of extra veggies. And a burrito bowl usually lasts me 3 meals now

This is one from a local mexican place in Rutherford. They're awesome. It's carne al pastor. Spicy and lovely

Light amount of rice, lots of corn, Beans, veggies under the meat. I split it in three pieces visually. And tons of leftovers

post-209284-14164344677165_thumb.jpg

I have had burritos recently.

I do burrito bowls now

Ask for a little rice and lots of extra veggies. And a burrito bowl usually lasts me 3 meals now

This is one from a local mexican place in Rutherford. They're awesome. It's carne al pastor. Spicy and lovely

Light amount of rice, lots of corn, Beans, veggies under the meat. I split it in three pieces visually. And tons of leftovers

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1416434466.737860.jpg

Omg it looks so yummy I'm super jelous. Yeah I can't do rice for 2 months or like tortilla so a bowl is what I'll end up doing. Either way I'm excited!!

I am never doing rice again. My nut said no rice, Pasta etc

I have replaced the rice n my diet with quinoa. I don't miss rice one single iota of a bit

I am never doing rice again. My nut said no rice, Pasta etc

I have replaced the rice n my diet with quinoa. I don't miss rice one single iota of a bit

I'm Hispanic and me and rice are forever bff's but to a limit. And I swear I'm Italian because I use to live off of Pasta. In my next food stage I'm allowed quinoa and I'm excited.

I am portuguese and hubby is cuban. Trust me I feel your pain.

Potatoe on the portugal side and rice for Cuba.

Was hard at first for hubby. But if you flavor that quinoa he prefers it to rice actually.

I use it with Piccadillo, ropa vieja. "Arroz" con pollo

Hi all. I'm scheduled for sx dec 9. I'm located in Essex county. Would love some mentors as well as buddies. I'm starting to get a little anxious about what to expect after the surgery. I've read all the research, watched at least 100'videos on YouTube but still feel like I don't know what to expect. Am I going to be able to get enough Protein in. Water? What happens if I feel full? They say don't push but they also say make sure you get all your water and protein in. All these thoughts keep running through my head. (Plus others)