Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is it supposed to be salty, or did I get some bad samples?

I've been trying shakes right and left and never tasted anything quite like it. Just making sure I'm not going to get sick, lol.

What flavors did you get? I assume the dates are still good? What are you mixing it with? I'm an Isopure fan(acutally just finished drinking a shake I made with almond milk and Isopure Zero Carb Dutch Chocolate). I've never noticed a salty taste to them. I have only used the vanilla and chocolate mixes though. I bought some of the ready to drink clear liquid ones in the bottles prior to my surgery last December and I hated those. I don't know if it was because I tried them immediately post-op and EVERYTHING had a weird taste or if it was actually the drinks that tasted bad but they were AWFUL. I ended up throwing them out. Couldn't bring myself to try them again.

I tried strawberry and banana cream, and they both tasted salty to me mixed with skim milk - I don't know if they were still good, though. I ordered the samples from a place that packages their own. That's why I wasn't sure if it was normal or not.

I've got a couple of the clear RTD drinks too, but I haven't tried them yet - I've heard a lot of people say they aren't fans!

Thanks! :)

Do you have a GNC near you? If so, they will usually let you sample their products in store. I actually just bought some of their Total Lean 25 banana Cream in ready to drink and powder. I'm not a big fan of their other RTD flavors but the banana cream is pretty good. I would've probably never tried it either had they not given me the option of sampling it in store. Also, anything you buy there is guaranteed so if you don't like it, you take the remaining portion back and they will refund your money. I had my doubts about that when I first started buying stuff there(sounded too good to be true) but I bought a bunch of the GNC RTD in chocolate, vanilla and strawberry last year prior to starting my liquid pre-op diet. I tried them all and didn't like any of them so back to the store they went. I told them I didn't like them and they refunded my money on the spot with no questions asked. I've even sampled chewable vitamins there.

If you're interested in branching out from the "vanilla/chocolate/strawberry" shake doldrums, Isopure has a product out that greatly resembles Kool-Aid, but packs a whopping 40 grams of whey isolate Protein in a 20 ounce bottle! They're rather pricey (around 5 dollars each when purchased separately), but as someone who's not a big meat-eater & can't stomach an egg in any form, I'm starting to get hooked. They come in literally a rainbow of colors & flavors! I've tried a few of them so far:

Grape: I liked it at first, but the more I drank it, the more I seemed to detect a metallic undertaste to it. You might not, but it's got a good flavor overall.

"Cocotein": Great for those of us who like coconut Water. This one's "only" got 20 grams per bottle, but a really good coconut taste to it. Personally, I needed to Water it down a bit as it was a little too sweet for my liking.

Blue Raspberry: This one has been the best so far in that it has the least detectable weirdness to the aftertaste. Went down no problem!

I've got a few more in the fridge, and hopefully they'll taste as pretty as they look. Good luck!

I taste test the Isopure drinks in my blog. I do video taste tests of many Protein drinks and powders and ready mades. personally I only like 3 of the isopure ready made's, and im not counting the cocotein because I hate coconut. BUT for me the hands down best and many agree with me, is the black tea with lemon, it is almost indistinguishable from basic diet iced tea. The alpine punch is decent, and the orange is my second favorite, the blue raspberry ws ok at first but by the end I was not as happy with it. Now isopure also makes a few flavors in small 8oz plastic bottles ive only seen them online for about 27 bucks a case. What is funny is the best powder so far has been by twinlab ( for me this is) called basic essentials and its cheap as heck but sold out in a lot of places and only avail in chocolate and vanilla. I have just taste tested a prudct called fill shake and go, from abouttime, yes its all one word. its a plastic bottle with the powder init and you just add the liquid after you open it, so its good to carry in a purse or store at work, but the flavors are all very very mild, so if you have hyper taste or don't like strong tastes those are seriously for you. I have abunch of sample of the Syntrax Nectars coming as well, the company would like me to taste test those for them as well ( its nice getting free mixes, but I do a lot of taste tests lately. lol) I have had one already which was the fuzzy navel, I did mix it with some frozen fruit ( mango pineapple and peach) and for liquid I used a diet Decaf iced tea, oh my it was so delicious, like a liquid creamsicle. I wanted to go an put vodka in it, t was that good. SO I should have these sample this week, check in the blog this week for the videos. 9 check out the past ones as well, theres no money involved Im doing the blog to help me and other guys but that's another story. so feel free to check them out, at http://cuttingthefatwithaknife.blogspot.com

be safe, I love you all, and we can all do this!

The clear Isopure RTD are an acquired taste. The first time I had one I thought it was disgusting but now I love them!!

The Grape and Alpine Punch are my faves so far though Orange isn't bad. Just don't expect them to taste like Grape or Orange! And they do have an aftertaste but you get used to that.

Rite Aid is the only place I have found the small bottles of it and they are usually sold out.

I just bought a variety case of the Isopure RTD .... I hope I fiind one i like. So tired of Protein Shakes.

Does the Isopure Zero ready-made drinks cause anyone else's mouth slough off? I'm regularly spitting or pulling out pieces of my cheeks the whole time I'm drinking one.

No, does not make my mouth slough off. That's really weird! Is it only with those drinks or does it happen with anything else?

No, does not make my mouth slough off. That's really weird! Is it only with those drinks or does it happen with anything else?

Only with these drinks! The only thing I can figure out is maybe it's the phosphoric acid.

Wait are you saying the skin from your mouth falls off? if it does you should see a dentist immediately because that's not good that's well, I wont go further but to say its bad. And phosphoric acid is less acidic than the citric acid in orange juice cranberry juice or pineapple juice.

Wait are you saying the skin from your mouth falls off? if it does you should see a dentist immediately because that's not good that's well, I wont go further but to say its bad. And phosphoric acid is less acidic than the citric acid in orange juice cranberry juice or pineapple juice.

Yes. When I drink it I get little pieces of mouth skin dyed the color of the drink that I have to stop and spit out. The only other time this has happened was when I used Colgate Pro-Health Whitening toothpaste and I went to my dentist and she said it was a side effect of that particular toothpaste for some people. I guess I'm just weird. ???? At least my Clear Liquids phase ended today and I can finally have a regular Protein shake!!