Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just had a gastric sleeve 17.10.14

Feel I can consume large amounts of fluids and still feeling very hungry, worried in case my sleeve has failed

I was sleeved on 10/15/14 and I was worried that my sleeve wasn't working because it seemed like I could drink so much. Now that I just started my full liquid diet today, I'm not so worried because I can't hardly get a Protein drink down, it took me 2 hours just sipping it. I found that I really like the Premier Protein drinks. Maybe week 2 will be different and you will feel full. I'm not feeling any hunger at all, I think it's all in my head. I'm cooking meals for my husband and son an dnot wanting any of it. I hope things start turning around for you.

Just wait until you get to semi solids...it's a whole other ballgame!

I felt like I could eat so much broth and Jello and Soups, then came solids! I use a tiny bowl that holds only a half cup of food and put my meals in it...so it's really a little over a quarter cup and it is very filling. If I overeat it feels like thanksgiving and I want to puke for at least a half hour.

bread is pretty awful! It feels like a bowling ball sitting in the pit of my stomach and takes forever for the feeling to go away.

I had a low BMI 31 with other medication problems I have only 50 pounds to lose but haven't been able to do this in 15 years. Worried in case my surgeon has only cut a little leaving me a larger sleeve I am able to manage a whole tin of cream based Soup and still not having that full feeling. I dread to start solids incase the same happens.

Once you get to solid food you will notice a big difference, maybe you are just not that swollen after surgery and this is why you can drink a lot. Did he say he would give you a larger sleeve?

Let's hope, no all he said is that it there wld be no point cutting a larger sleeve as this would give it the capacity to stretch and originally I was wanting a band he said In his opinion I was wasting my money. The only person that knows I've had this surgery is my mother and her attitude is if you are paying the money then they will do anything ie cut a large pouch - she doesn't agree with me having had it done and this is why I don't want anyone else knowing. Nobody knows but me what I went with food on a daily basics.

Hi there. If you're worried that he only cut a little and left a bigger sleeve, I would have a sit down with him and tell him your concerns. I'm not sleeved yet but I am banded and I think what others are saying is on point but I would still speak with him to settle your mind