Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone is Colorado?

I reside in Colorado Springs, Co.. Does anyone share the same state as me? If so, do you know any great support groups near us that are awesome? I know of 2.. Maybe we can share ideas.

I only ask so I can build up my support system. There is something to be said for people being local.

Thanks!

There are quite a few folks on here from CO, but all of the ones I know are up here in the northern part.

Not sure what part of the Springs you're in, but I know there are support groups that meet up at SkyRidge. A decent haul from the Springs, but possibly worth it if you were on the north side.

Hi Lost1,

I'm located in Littleton, CO a little far from the Springs. If you know the surgeon you will be using they should have a support group connected to their office you could ask them. if they have suggestions. I too go to the SkyRidge monthly support group. I'm going to be having my surgery there. Just waiting for my Insurance approval so I can schedule my surgery. I'm a newbie on this sight. If you need a Co buddie I can use the support too !

Hi Lost1,

I'm located in Littleton, CO a little far from the Springs. If you know the surgeon you will be using they should have a support group connected to their office you could ask them. if they have suggestions. I too go to the SkyRidge monthly support group. I'm going to be having my surgery there. Just waiting for my Insurance approval so I can schedule my surgery. I'm a newbie on this sight. If you need a Co buddie I can use the support too !

Hi there,

I almost chose a surgeon in Parker, Co. Littleton is a great city! I have a few friends there. Who is your surgeon? Do you like him or her? I would love to have a Colorado buddy! Have you started any Pre-Op diet's yet? Feel free to add my to your friends list!

Hi !

I had actually received a letter from the program at Parker (I think his name is Dr. Long) back in the spring. Thought how did they get my name ? I was gonna go to the seminar but then decide to go to SkyRidge seminar. There is a friend of my husband's family who had his surgery with Dr. Chae and highly recommend him. When my primary Dr. found out I was having my surgery with him she told me I am in excellent hands and highly recommended him too. His name is Dr. Frank Chae. He has performed over 4,000 surgeries and was the first DR in Colorado to perform the bypass and sleeve laproscopically. I feel very comfortable with him. I haven't started any prep diet yet but will be starting next week hopefully. My insurance doesn't require any diet or exercise program for any length of time. Since I have a BMI over 40 I don't have to have any co morbidities even though I have high blood pressure and probably sleep apnea. I believe I heard that Dr. Chae only requires a three day prior to surgery liquid diet. I had to take a 5 hour nutrition class which cost $150 before they could submit for insurance approval I'm still waiting for that approval. He has a nutritionist that works out of his office and also a Psych dr.

His nutritionist runs the support group out of both Skyridge and St Josephs in Denver.

Have to figure how to add you as a friend have no clue how to do it yet

I'm up north...looking for people up north also.

If you're on the north side of Denver, there are two support groups that I regularly attend.

One of them is through Kaiser, though they are open to anyone (I believe most who show up are non-Kaiser folks). It is moderated by an Exempla nurse from St. Josephs and typically meets the last Wednesday of every month at Exempla Good Samaritan. The next meeting is the 29th @ 4:30

The other is actually a Bariatric Pal group. That one typically meets the 2nd Monday of every month in Broomfield at the Mamie Doud Eisenhower library @ 6:00. Here's a link to the thread about it: http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/303740-co-denver/

But as to the original subject, I also found a thread with a couple of Co Springs people looking for a group too: http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/309864-co-colorado-springs-area/

As well as a South Denver specific one: http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/309185-co-south-denver-aurora-parker-areas/

I am in Greeley, there is a support group that I attend in Fort Collins, at Poudre Valley Hospital, but just looking for other supports as well! Thanks!

Hi everyone I have started a new group on Facebook. The group is 100% private. It is specifically for people who have had or are planning to have the Gastric Bypass surgery. If you would like to join you can search my entire name Mia Ashton LeCompte and send me a friend request and message telling me you would like to join. You may also be able to click this link to get to my profile page, because the group is so private you must be on friends list in order for me to add you to the group.

https://www.facebook.com/miaashton

Hi everyone. I am in Parker, and will be going to the seminar 11/6 and my first appointment with Dr. Long 11/7. Then on 11/10 I have my NUT appointment. I would love to be able to have the surgery during the last part of December, but I know that is not likely to be the case. Just want to wish everyone good luck!!!

Hi everyone. I am in Parker, and will be going to the seminar 11/6 and my first appointment with Dr. Long 11/7. Then on 11/10 I have my NUT appointment. I would love to be able to have the surgery during the last part of December, but I know that is not likely to be the case. Just want to wish everyone good luck!!!

Hi there,

My doctor is in Parker also. Dr. Matthew Metz. He is awesome. :) How much are you looking to lose? I am sure you will make it in December.