Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how do you over come a stall?

So i've basically been more or less the same weight for two months now and only losing 2lbs a month if i was lucky before that. i would see a little downward trend on the scale then bamn gone back to where i was. I'm not sure what to do at this point to change things up enough to make the weight drop off. I'll be honest food choices haven't been the best but over all i have stayed with in my calorie goal. i've even started taking classes in the gym to help with toning and strength so i'm working out 3/4 times a week if not more.

i know my band could do with a fill i had to have some taken out as i got too tight. waiting till after my trip back home to Dublin before i do. as i don't want to risk having too tight a band while flying.

what have others done to get past these stalls? i don't have a visit with the office until sep 30th so it's going to be tough going until then i'm really trying to track all i eat. and mostly i'm at the 1200 recommended cals a day

feeling really down. had wanted to be at onderland for my trip home as it's scheduled on my one year bandniversary

you keep doing what you do......eating as clean/healthy as you can, exercise, drink and stay hydrated and judge your true/actual success by your better health and clothes getting looser and looser....just because the scale doesnt move (in my opinon) does not mean a stall....it just hasnt caught up yet...

@@☠carolinagirl☠ you always seem to know exactly the right thing to say. i found another post about stalls that i'm going to try. knowing i'm nto alone is allays what helps me get through my down days.

I'm dealing with the same issues. First 3 months post-surgery was amazing - 10-12lbs per month. Another 3 months have passed and it's been 6 lbs total. Going in for a fill tomorrow. I hope that kicks it into gear. I am happy I am still losing (and not gaining) - but the slow pace is difficult!

People talk about stalls all the time....

I can't say I ever suffered from a stall, at least not the way it is foretold on this forum....

I do have my own theory why it may happen, and the reason I never really fell victim to one for any length of time.

I believe that when ever one goes through a change, the body eventually catches up and acclimates to it...

Take a mountain climber for instance...the higher you go, the air gets thinner....so you stop every now and then and let the body adjust. Then continue on.

Same in reverse...scuba diver....a deep diver must stop at set depths to let the body adjust...same coming up as going down...

There are many examples out there. Some medications need the dosage administered slowly over time untill the desired dosage is reached, and the body is used to it...same with getting off those meds.

So my theory is, you change your diet, calories intake, and your physical activity....you loose weight. Possibly Fast! But eventually your body catches up, adjusts to this new different lifestyle, and settles out...and you stop loosing.

When that happens, like the climber or diver, it's time to move on....OR you can sit and stay there...

I say I never had a serious stall, and I believe it is because I am an exercise junkie...as I lost weight, I was also increasing my physical activity as I got better at it....5 days a week...so there was always a constant change taking place, never sitting still in one place for very long.

Weight going down...down...down, and at the same time exercise going up...up...and up...

Throw on top of that the fact I was always learning to eat differently, healthier, and and of course less as the fills progressed.

That's MY THEORY about stalls....and I know it probably sounds like a lot of physco-babble perhaps.

(BTW, I have been at a stall for well over 2-1/2 years now, but that's another story for another time.)

Edited by B-52

thanks B-52 everything you said makes sense. i have recently changed my work out style adding more weights and toning to my cardo.. hopefully that will help kick start things again. i know i need to replace the unfill i had but will wait until i return from home before i do that. mostly i was at a low place this am. which is why i allays come here so many words of wisdom and encouragement

Well I seemed to have found my andwer with the 5:2 diet and new circuit training class I started just had my first big loss in weeks yea me.

I'm at a stall as well... And it sucks because I'm so close to my goal weight. I guess that's why though... Those last few lbs are the hardest, it's strange though because I was working out 5 days a week and even doing some two a days and I was constantly up to 153... I haven't worked out in about a week and a half because school has been super busy for me and I'm now at a constant 150... So I also believe that the scale should not be a factor for me at this point. Toning and dropping inches will probably be all that I can do... I might tighten my band a little more in a few weeks but I'm kinda scared because I get food stuck sometimes from my own fault of not chewing enough... Esp with things like chicken... I'm working on it though!!!!