Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 07 bandsters?

Hey April '07 bandsters!!

I was banded on 4/11 and I was wondering how all of you are doing so far!! I have done great and I hope you all are as well. Lets share stories. How did your surgery go? ny problems post op? When is your first fill going to be? I am just nosey I guess:nervous

TracyTX

257/241/160

Banded on April 4th and have had a picture perfect recovery. No problems at all....outside of normal pain....and am looking forward to my first fill on May 4th!

Hi Terri,

It was not until after i posted this thread that i saw the "head start on spring" thread. WOW that thread is HUGE!! Congrats on your successful surgery!! Mine was great too! I go for my first fill in 3 weeks. Kinda worried about the "unknown".

Let me know how it goes!!

I like the idea of having a Texas Thread also. I think the other thread will be called Shrinking Violets soon.

I was banded April 9th. A lot of pain right after surgery. I was an outpatient. Doctor wouldn't give much pain meds..so I *HURT* for about 4 days. Each day got better..but WOW:omg: .

Getting a little hungry now..having to watch it. My Dr. won't allow a fill for 90 days!!! ;)

Banded April 19th. Everything went great! No real problems. Still on liquids, but have my post-op visit tomorrow. Looking forward to trying the mushies. My first fill should be in about 4 weeks. Good luck to all of you!

<TABLE class=tborder id=post456747 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e9e9e9 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #e9e9e9 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e9e9e9 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e9e9e9 0px solid" width=175>TerriDoodle<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_456747", true); </SCRIPT>

Shrinking Violet

FLOWER13.gif

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_456747 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e9e9e9 1px solid"><!-- message -->Banded on April 4th and have had a picture perfect recovery. No problems at all....outside of normal pain....and am looking forward to my first fill on May 4th!

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

Terry iloveuall.GIF

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

OMG!! Tomorrow is your "Big" day! I cant wait to see how you feel once it is done. I still have two weeks to go and am doing so bad. I am eating whatever i want. Not a big amount but still bad stuff. I guess i think this fill will cure me of that. I really have to work on my head!

I was banded on Monday 4/30/07 so I am4 days post op. I am really sore and have some gas pains. I have been doing the 30 minutes walking and getting the 64 oz Water in but I haven't really wanted anything. I have to remind myself to eat some sf Jello or a popsicle every so often. I have lost 19 pounds since starting the preop diet but I know that won't last though! I'm just glad the surgery is over and I wish I was feeling more normal.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

I was banded on 4/30 and had a great recovery. I didn't have much pain at all. I have lost 10.6 pounds since then and am very excited to see my total at my 1 month mark.

Banded 4/30/07

HW-237

SW-237

CW-226.4

GW-??

Dr. Clifton Thomas

Nacogdoches, Texas

weight.png

I had surgery on April 12th and have had no problems at all. Alot of pain on the third day and then uphill from there. I have lost 20 pounds since surgery day when I weighed in at the lapband support group for our surgeon. I am even off on of my BP meds. Becca

I was banded April 17. I had a breezy recovery in Parker, CO, flew home and all was good. Starting about the time I tried to go back to work (that's telling) I started getting swelling. This morning I am nauseated as so for some days. I get a "muffin top" that goes down with fasting and REST.

I've lost 25 pounds.

I was banded 4/27 everything has been so so on meds for a infection, but doing fine.. my biggest problem is all the gas, I feel so bloaded and uncomfortable. Tried gas-x, deep breathing ect. but cant seem to get any relief. And now I'm hungry and dont like it, I think I still have about 4 weeks till fill... Emily

oh yah on a good note I have lost 16 lbs.... And am thankful I got the opertunity for this life changing/saving surgery...

Hey Tracy,

I was banded on 4/6/07...I am going for my first fill on 5/17/07....I am anxious to see the doctor ...I just want to make sure all is okay...I have had no problems, but I stay so nervous....I am so afraid that I will do something wrong and I will have problems....sounds silly, doesn't it? I am just a worry wart...I read the post about slipped bands and flipped ports, kinda gets you to thinking...what if mine is flipped or what if my band has slipped...I do have a strange feeling in my stomach at night time...it feels like my stomach is rolling up....and pushing the band up....I have no idea what this is....

I was banded 4/30 and have felt great. The biggest change so far for me has been that my feet don't swell now. I am able to get into my heels and wear them ALL day.

What other benifits have you'all seen?

anniemac