Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Started Nutrasystem! Stupid?

I know alot of you may think that this is suposed to be avoided - meaning that diets like this shouldnt be necessary because we got the band. However, I feel that my weight loss has been slow, the scale seems at a stand still and some days I weigh a few pounds more or less than the day before. Therefore, I strted the Nutrasystem today so try to get a kickstart before summer. The food ive tried so far has been okay - tolerable at best but a means to an end hopefully. And Ive tried diets like this before and the small portions have not been enough to fill me up but since i am now banded the small portions are plenty of food to fill me up. I dont know why my weight loss hads been slow i was banded on 2/7/07 and only down 23 pounds. I see other who have been badned the same day or later and they are doing so good. I know 23 pounds is a good amount but most of that weight came off immediatley post op when i was on the horrible diet other than that no extra weight has come off. Comments???

My nutritionist encouraged me to go to weight watcher meetings for the support, but she said I definately would not be able to follow the plan because of the PORTION SIZES. Keep in mind that you have to keep Protein up & limit portion sizes.

I'm also on Nutrisystem and love it. The portions are the right size, it has sufficient Protein, and most importantly, it's convenient. I eat Nutrisystem for Breakfast and lunch and then usually have a home cooked dinner (meat and veggies). I eat their Snacks, too. Yesterday, my snack was a peanut-butter cookie - 160 calories and 10 grams of protein. If it works for you, stay with it as long as you want. A lot of naysayers will probably post that you need more protein (even though you get about 40 grams a day on Nutrisystem) and that you need to learn how to eat without dieting, but this is your life and your health, so do what works for you. I know that Nutrisystem is the best choice for me. Without those prepackaged meals, I'd probably be eating a Whopper every day for lunch because I will not take the time to make my own lunch and bring it to work. I've been consistently losing 2.5 to 3 pounds a week, so I'm sticking with Nutrisystem.

I think it's an awesome plan too, to follow a proscribed diet, if you want to, during the weight loss phase. You go girl! You're taking control of your life and the speed of weight loss you desire. I think that's great. I'd been thinking about doing Weight Watchers for long term support as pre-packaged foods are hard for me (I'm vegetarian). I think the band works really well in combination with a diet, if that's what you choose. I've lost almost all the weight I've lost by paying attention to calories.

I think whatever works for you is all that counts. I am curious though, have you had your first fill yet?

I think it sounds good. The portions are controlled , all different kinds of foods. What could be bad about it?

your band sister,

edie

I did have my first fill 1 cc but i can still eat the portion sizes - i think they are perfect for me and my band. Oh and as far as the vegitarian, nutrasystem also has a full vegi plan so they have everything for everyone, I hear the men's package is pretty great too

I just the BEST Nutrisystem snack! It's new, so this is the first time I've had it. It's the chocolate Crunch Bar and it tastes like a Nestle Crunch bar but not as sweet. It has 8 grams of Protein and only 130 calories. I'm going to order a whole box of these things!

i'm considering it ... kinda pricy for me though ... :)

If you do the auto delivery, you get a discount. And if you're really good about sticking to it, you won't have to buy groceries, other than some veggies. If I weren't eating my Nutrisystem lunch everyday, I'd be eating out everyday, so I figure Nutrisystem is actually saving me money.

I had wanted to try Nutrisystem pre-band.. it was too much $$ for me to spend at one time. Spread out over the time you'd be eating it, I think it's alright, but I didn't have the lump cash at any point to spend..

Oh, and my uncle did the nutrisystem.. or tried. He bought it all, so about a week later I asked how it went.. he said "Oh the food was good, but I ate the whole months' supply in 1 night" lol

WOW well i havent ate the whole months and i am actually doing very well on it, I ve only been on it for three days and Ive lost 4 lbs! food is soo good but dont order the pastries for breakfast! YUCK... oh and it comes out to about $8.40 a day and i usually spend more than that on all my meals

I know alot of you may think that this is suposed to be avoided - meaning that diets like this shouldnt be necessary because we got the band. However, I feel that my weight loss has been slow, the scale seems at a stand still and some days I weigh a few pounds more or less than the day before. Therefore, I strted the Nutrasystem today so try to get a kickstart before summer. The food ive tried so far has been okay - tolerable at best but a means to an end hopefully. And Ive tried diets like this before and the small portions have not been enough to fill me up but since i am now banded the small portions are plenty of food to fill me up. I dont know why my weight loss hads been slow i was banded on 2/7/07 and only down 23 pounds. I see other who have been badned the same day or later and they are doing so good. I know 23 pounds is a good amount but most of that weight came off immediatley post op when i was on the horrible diet other than that no extra weight has come off. Comments???

Marissa,

Don't get discouraged. I was banded the day before you and am a slow loser as well. I think those of us who are not losing, tend not to post as often. I have had two fills total of 2.5 cc and definately need another one. I cant eat as much as I could preband but I do not get full. I stop myself when I am no longer hungry, but I can eat two cups of food no problem. i have never PB'd.

Hang in there and get your fills when you can.