Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Puree food recipes

Does anyone have any ideas for the purée food stage? I need help starting it Tuesday and need good ideas.

Thank you!!!!

Did the doctor's office give you a Protein chart? I went down the list and picked the foods that had the most Protein. Then, I cooked them in preferred ways, and pureed them with milk and greek yogurt. Tip: Pickle juice is a calorie-free to offer flavor and mushability. Also, homemade chicken broth has 6 grams of protein per cup. I used that as well for blending.

I made portions of tuna salad (yep, with greek yogurt and pickle juice! I did add a blended celery)

chicken pureed, had to add minced onion or it would be awful

chopped liver! Yep, you heard it. Nice and creamy, with greek yogurt and minced onions

refried Beans...

chicken zucchini casserole. If you pureed before you bake it, then you don't pureed it after baking, yum.

I love Indian food. There are all kinds of recipes for "chana saag" on google. Here's one of

them, a coconut variation:

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/feb/11/coconut-chana-saag-vegan-recipe

If you are afraid the taste will be too strong for where you are right now, just put in half the

spices. Whenever I make one of these recipes, I use spinach that I steam separately. If I

couldn't have solid food, I'd leave out the chick peas (& the oil?) until you think you can

tolerate them.

Then puree it and enjoy!

When we say purée. Do we mean the consistency of mashed potatoe? Because I've been using my cuisinart and adding liquid to get a non dry consistency

Look at the site The world according to Eggface and you'll find recipes for all stages.

I think different doctors have different guidelines about purée thickness. Mine said it should be dripping off the spoon and that if you have to flick it off, it is too thick.