Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm on the fence... Fitbit vs vivofit... Anyone have them? What do you love/hate?

Thanks!

-MM

Love my fitbit- however, I've noticed some inaccuracies with my activity and sleep. I've been doing the Leslie Sansone "Walk away the Pounds" fitness program and it misses a lot of my steps. It also overestimates my sleep time. I think this is because I tend to lie very still while awake, instead of tossing and turning in bed. That being said, I really love the ease of logging my food and love keeping track of my calories in vs calories burned. It is also comfortable to wear, stays charged for days, and syncing with my phone and computer is effortless. A big plus was that my health insurance provider has an option to link my fitbit to their "vitality" points award site and I can earn gift cards and discounts through reaching goals.

I have a Fitbit Zip (so it doesn't track sleep, only activity), and I love it. It's nice having a constant reminder of how many steps I've taken during the day so I know if I need to bump up my activity or slow it down a little. And it connects with MFP (where I track my calories)

It may not be the most accurate device out there, but it comes pretty close. I've measured it against other pedometers, and they're within a hundred steps or so of each other (and I know from a mapping program the distance I'm walking, so I know it's fairly accurate as far as that goes) My battery lasted almost six months, which is nice, and it's easy to change out.

I LOVE my ViVo Fit! I love that I never have to take it off, (the battery lasts a full year). And that it works with Garmin's heart rate strap so I can get an accurate indication of burn during my workouts. I had been over estimating my burn, some days by a lot! And it does have that little red stripe that appears across the top to tell me to get off my a$$ and take a walk. I do move more when I'm wearing it. They've finally added support for MFP so I have a single view of my intake and burn for the day.

So the not great... It only syncs the calorie deficit created by your exercise to MFP, not that, for example, I did an hour of cardio on a given day. Not a deal breaker, I just wish the interface between Garmin Connect and MFP was a bit more sophisticated.

Over all... LOVE the ViVo Fit!

I have a fitbit flex. It's the band style that counts your activity and sleep cycles! You can log your food intake, wt, Water etc on the app. The only thing I don't like about it is- it isn't able to calculate your weight lifting activities as it is a pedometer. So if you are like me and enjoy doing body pump it won't count that.

But other than that I love it!!

I have a Fitbit One and it is really great. I don't use the sleep monitoring, but I think it is pretty accurate on steps. It is small enough to clip on a bra strap and not show. I walk outside, and haven't used treadmills with it at all yet, but so far so good. I have it integrated with MFP, so I log my food in MFP and I can see it in FitBit. It also keeps track of stairs and distance. Another thing I really like is that you can log your workouts separately so when I check in with the doctor I can just show them the calendar with the little checkmarks showing when I worked out. I love being able to just let them see my MFP and FitBit to see what's really happening with my diet/exercise without my personal spin on how I think things went- pure data :)

I ordered the vivofit. I would have loved to have been able to get the fitbit force but since they are recalled I'll wait for their next model and try it out :-)

In the meantime, my vivofit will be here Saturday! :-)

-MM