Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Swallow Test tomorrow! Yay!

Good evening all! So tomorrow I will have a "swallow test" done! I'm excited to get it done so my issue can be resolved!! I will also be speaking with my counselor who assisted me prior to getting approved for everything so that will be refreshing. I didn't know she had moved up to be the main bariatric support nurse as the one I knew - left the hospital soon after I did. I had no issues today though...everything went down fine. Just kept with soft foods, small bites, and small swallows.

Since I did have one fill done, I know what to expect with that. However, I'm curious to see if my band just progressively slipped. My instinct tells me that it has although I could be wrong. I can only take this step by step so...just not sure what will happen beyond the test. Either way, I'm glad to be going to get it looked at!!

I hope you're wrong! I hope the band is right where it should be and maybe the surgeon can tweak the saline amount so that you're comfortable with what you have. It would be great to see you jump back on the bandwagon and ride this out and drop that weight you want to lose? Fingers crossed for ya!

tmf

Thank you TMF!!! Yes...perhaps that is all that needs to be done and I CAN hop back on the wagon!! That would be the easiest thing so I need to speak that into the universe!! ;) I shall keep ya posted!! :)

Good luck today!!!

Good Luck! Be sure to let us know how things turn out for ya!

Thank you all for the well wishes!! Here is my story of the day: I decided to take my Mom with me because after reading so many posts about flipped ports and slipped bands and the pain of the docs trying to find ports...I seriously freaked the heck out!!

I had not expected to even see my surgeon because they said he was out of town. After waiting for my appointment for about an hour, I finally was seen and of course...he we actually there. When he first saw me he looked at me much like Seinfeld did whenever he saw Newman...ha! Then when my Mom poked in, the air and attitude changed. He was very nice and smiling and asked where I had been. I told him that I had called a couple of months ago and got no call back. I told him that I was otherwise fine but tremendously embarrassed because I hadn't done better but still proud in what I lost. I discussed feeling helplessly depressed for over a year until I was treated by the "shock" therapy and how that has saved my life!! He was happy about that.

Cut to the chase...my band HAS NOT slipped, and he took out 2cc's as that was all he could get. I initially had 3 cc's. I didn't even do a swallow first...he just put me on the table, numbed me up and unfilled. THEN I did a swallow and he said everything was fine, was passing fine and to continue with soft foods, chewing everything to mush and small swallows and that was it. He patted me on my back and I was on my way. Less than a 5 min ordeal. Most of it was spent with me crying after I saw the HUGE needle again but I'm sure my Mom has now regained feeling in her hand ;)