Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

southern colorado

I am not yet banded. will banded in Colorado Springs when the time comes. I live in Pueblo. Anyone out there living in So. Colorado????

Hey--I am in Pueblo, too! You are he first person on here from Pueblo besides me. I had my surgery done here, from Dr. Smith. He's awesome, but I know some people go to Springs bacause he makes you pay up front and doesn't bill insurance. SO, what part of town are you in? I live on the southside. Where do you work? I work for Dr. Jagger--a dentist over on Colorado Ave. I'm so excited to have someone else from Pueblo here!

I am not yet banded. will banded in Colorado Springs when the time comes. I live in Pueblo. Anyone out there living in So. Colorado????

Yes, same here. I'm looking to do this and am from Pueblo. JEN

My name is Jennifer and I am an RN working for DOC. I live on Colorado Ave. HA! I talked with Dr. Smith's office last week. They told me the same think. $ up front. Who did you go to and did you pay up front?

HI,

I am from Pueblo too. I am not aware of any surgeons in Colorado Springs that do lap band surgery.. I had mine done last July by Dr. James Smith in Pueblo also.. He is wonderful, his staff is wonderful and I wouldn't change a thing!

Extreme southern! ha ha! I live in Trinidad and had my banding January 9th, 2008 in Colorado Springs.

My surgeon is Stacie Perlman and she is with Colorado Springs Surgical Associates. My insurance is BCBS and they cover the surgery if it is done in a Center of Excellence which Penrose/St. Francis is! There are about 5 doctors in this practice that will perform this surgery and their office is fantastic!!! They did everything they could to help me and still do!

Do you know when you will be having surgery?

I had started the whole journey with Dr. Smith in Pueblo, but opted to go with the insurance's choices. Dr. Smith's people got very irritated and a bit rude honestly once the insurance got involved. I just wanted to have this done and start on my new life.

If there are any questions you have, I would be happy to help!

Tami:biggrin2:

I am from Alamosa Co but was banded in Greeley co. It was the best place. Dr Johnell and the staff were awesome. Information on the bariatrics go to Northern Colorado Medical Center website and they can help you more. I wish there were some support groups in southern colorado. If you know of any please let me know. Thank you!

I live in Colorado Springs but was banded in Pueblo in Jan-08. I have not been able to find anyone local who is banded too. It is great to see so many of you from southern Co around. How is everyone weight loss doing? I have lost about 45lbs so far.

I live in Colorado Springs and Dr. Fisher is my doctor. He is from the Colorado Center of Excellence. It has taken forever to get all my papers together and will have another week before I hear from them. He is a great doctor, explains all the pros and cons of surgery. I would recommend this doctor who operates out of St. Francis Penrose Hospital in C/S.

Dmakower

I have not been banded yet, but I am having surgeriy after my insurance finally releases the go. I live in Colorado Springs, and Dr. Scott Fisher is my doctor. He is one of the top surgeons at the Colorado Springs Center of Surgury Excellence. It has taken me forever to get all my information up front & sent on to Great West Health Care. I am anxious to get this done, I'm ready, you do not pay for the surgery all up front expecially if your insurance covers it

dmakower:cool2:

I have not been banded yet, but I am having surgeriy after my insurance finally releases the go. I live in Colorado Springs, and Dr. Scott Fisher is my doctor. He is one of the top surgeons at the Colorado Springs Center of Surgury Excellence. It has taken me forever to get all my information up front & sent on to Great West Health Care. I am anxious to get this done, I'm ready, you do not pay for the surgery all up front expecially if your insurance covers it. Different insurance companies approve much quicker. You do pay a one time fee to see the psychologist, dietician 1 month free gym and instructor, and dietician visits after surgery.

dmakower:cool2:

HI yall I am moving to colorado and need a fill doctor... can yall tell me about ur doctors and how much they charge for fills ? :thumbup: thanks so much!!!

I live in Co.Springs area. I've have a band since Thanks Giving "06. Dr. Brown of Canon City put it in and I would NOT recommend him. Because of a OLD DESIGN lap-band and improper placement my entire stomach slipped above the band and I had to have it removed to let the ulsers heal that severe cid-reflux caused. It was removed 11/08 by Dr. Stacie Perlman of Springs. I plan to have the newly designed band put back in, first of "09.

DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT D. PERLMAN?