Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my first baked potato today without the skin. I mushed it up and put some margerine on it. Soon after I had diarrhea. Did anyone have this problem graduating to mushies from liquids?

Nope, I did not.. In fact, I don't think i've had diarrhea at all since my surgery.

We were done at the same hospital, which doctor did you have??

Hi Kelsy,

I had Dr.Jones as my doctor. I'm about one month behind you. How are you doing? I hate this post-op crap, I know it's part of the course but I want to get back to eating normal food.< /p>

Ohh.. I've met him a couple of times, but Dr. Schneider is my doctor.

I'm doing pretty good actually.. I am still on the mushies stage and should go to the final stage 5 when I have my appointment on the 12th. It hasn't been all too bad being on mushies.. I've been eating eggs, mashed potatoes and bascially a lot of the stuff on the packet they gave us.

I know that I have lost more than 24lbs.. but I refuse to weigh myself just yet, lol. I will wait until my appointment to see how much. My clothes are falling off too - I am down atleast one pant size, maybe 2 - but i'm still a little self concious to move down two sizes.

How are you doing so far? How much weight have you lost?

That's great that you lost 24 lbs...congrats! I thought by now you would already be on regular food not mushies. How long do you have to be on mushies for, is it 3 or 4 weeks? Are you schedule for a fill yet?

I called Kelly and told her I needed something more than Soup and asked if I could eat mashed potato and she said no problem. So I decided to have a baked potato and I thinned it out a bit. Hopefully that was okay.

Since my pre-op diet, I've lost about 20 lbs. I gained a couple back once I started eating mashed potato though.

Do you live up in the Boston area? I live in Plymouth.

Well, I started the mushies stage on 3/9 and my next appointment is 4/12. So It's roughly 4 weeks, Although I am going somewhat over with my appointment date. My doctor wouldn't even mention a fill! lol. I don't really feel hungry.. And he said he will not give a fill unless you -stop- gaining weight or start to gain weight and over eat. My friend/co-worker had the band this past August (same doctor) and she lost about 75lbs. She looks fantastic and the doctor still will not give her a fill.

He also said it's normal to gain alil weight back once to switch stages. I still do drink A LOT of the carnation instant Breakfast drinks that come pre-made in the 4pk. It helps keep me full and controls the hunger.

I've eaten tuna on crackers, I break the one cracker into four pieces so it seems like a lot more, lol. But it's sooo good!

That's great you've lost 20lbs - It'll start to fall back off.

What do you do for exercise?

& I live in Hyde Park.

That's great that you have a friend you can compare notes with and go through the process! Losing 75 lbs. is GREAT! She must be thrilled!

I can't wait until I can eat the tuna on crackers..yum! What type of crackers do you eat? I'm so nervous about having one of the PB's. Have you experienced that yet?

As far as exercise, I haven't really started yet. I really should start this week with at least walking. I hate exercising but I know it's necessary!!

How about yourself?

Have you gone to any of the get togethers? I know there was one recently in Braintree.

Yes it is! I actually went to her with tons of questions and she helped me a lot during the early stages and she continues to help. She looks great, She went from a size 18 pants to a 10.. I am so happy for her!

I eat the fat free saltine crackers and wheat thins. You can eat those while on the mushies stage, But you're only allowed 2 and you just need to chew it up really well.

Did they give you a booklet with a sample menu?

I hate exercising too. Every late evening I walk my dog up and down my street for atleast 30 mins. My dog gives up on me 1/2 way through, Isn't that sad? lol. I actually waited abit to start exercising after my surgery, about 2 weeks..

Now, I keep reminding myself how much i do NOT want excess skin and flab and that gets me going on my walks, haha. I also have a 10lb weights and a thigh squeezer thingy that was collecting dust under my bed, I pulled it out and have been using it every night.

I have not gone to any of the get togethers, I may try to attend one soon.

Ohhh, I love wheat thins!! I have not received the booklet with the sample menus. I'm sure I'll get that next week at my appointment with Kelly.

I have a treadmill and many exercise tapes that are collecting dust! They need a good cleaning!

Do you drink any other types of Protein Drinks other than the carnation instant Breakfast? I can't stomach many of them!

Ohh, you will loooove the sample menu! I thought the mushies stage was going to be really bad. But once I saw most of the stuff I could eat - I was happy and it's much better than having just liquids!

btw: I have not PB'd at all - thank god!

Have you tried the Carnation Instant Breakfast 4pk? In the blue box. I know they come in yellow and blue.. The blue has 12g of Protein and the yellow has 13g but it's wayyyy too chocolately and i'm a chocolate lover! For me to say it, you know it's too much haha. I had the Carnation packets that come with 8, I think? And i tried making them with 1% milk and EW. It was so gross and taste nasty, I was surpirsed how good and different the premade drinks were! .

I also had Slim Fast in the beginning, The "Optima".. Each can was 15g of protein.. But I could not stomach those for long. Those are really the only 2 Protein Drinks i've had.

I haven't tried the Carnation instant brkfst in the blue box. I'll have to pick me up some! I have tried the individual packets and I don't like those. I don't like the Slim Fast either.

I can't wait to see the sample menu. I'm a picky eater so hopefully I'll like something on the list!

I have a family Birthday party to go to on May 26th. I'll be 2 months and 1 week post-op by then. We are going to an Italian restaurant in Rockland. I hope I'm able to eat something! I know that many people can't tolerate Pasta. Maybe I can eat a meatball or something or chicken parm?? I'm getting hungry just typing any food items!!

I would love to go to one of the get togethers sometime and meet everyone. That would be fun! It's so nice being able to talk to other people who are close by. Well...not so close by for me since I'm in Plymouth! It takes me 2 hours just to drive to Beth Israel!

Ohh, I'm just as picky!! LOL - I don't eat any red meat, pork, etc.. Only meat that I eat is chicken and i was glad that I could eat alittle on this mushies stage.

I went shopping yesterday after work and picked up more carnation 4pks, FF pudding, string cheese (which I LOOOOVE), fudgesicles, tuna, wheat thins, eggs, red bliss potatoes, I can't believe it's not butter no calories spray - which i also use to cook the potatoes in. That was just some of the stuff.

Pasta & bread are 2 of my favorite things to eat. Hopefully I am able to tolerate it once i move onto stage 5. We'll see! My appt is next week, I can not wait. I think you'll be able to eat a meatball. The chicken parm on the sample menu tells you how to cook it. I actually called Kelly the Nutritionist yesterday to ask her if it's okay that i am eating some tender chicken and she bascially said as long as it's cut into tiny pieces and chewed well.. It shouldn't be too bad. But it's considered more like a solid.

2 hours? Goodness! It only takes me about 10-15 mins to get to BI - LOL!

I picked up some tuna, wheat thins and carnation 4pks today as well. I don't know if I can wait until next week to have the tuna...I want it so bad! I might just mix some up and have a little! I need real food. I can't take potato anymore! Pasta and bread are two of my favorite things as well. Let me know how you make out with them!