Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi to everyone out there. I am 8months out of surgery however my frame of mind is down the track a bit into the fitire. Guess I just want to prepare myself...

I have read a lot of research about people that have had the gastric sleeve and a year or 2+ out from surgery they start to gain weight again? Is this the case?

Some do but I'm guessing it's because they're returning to their "old" eating habits since at that point, you can pretty eat anything in larger quantities as well and the exercising is probably slacking off. When calories go up and exercising goes down, you'll gain again regardless of the surgery.

I have read/heard that after a year or two it is not abnormal for people to gain a small percentage of the weight back. However, I think if you lose your focus and return to the "old ways", you will of course gain back more than most.

2+ out from surgery they start to gain weight

tanya

when I was a newbie - people didn't talk much on the board about gaining weight after maintennance

seemed like a taboo subject

i am glad that weight gain "issue" is brought up more often

when you/me/we are first sleeved - "most" of us consistently follow the necessary rules to lose their weight

how great is that!!!!

but.........some people don't realize/or don't act on the fact that having/working with the sleeve is something we need to do for the rests of our lives

we must consistently follow all the rules that we had after surgery

Water, eating slowly, moderation, waiting after eating before you drink etc etc

maintennance, yes its easier to slip into old bad habits and gain back some weight :angry:

it happens to the best of us :o

none of us are perfect (except me of course :lol: )

its "ok" to think of the possibility you might gain weight

might help keep you on the straight and narrow!!!

hopefully you/me et al won't gain but..........

we've all worked too hard, became too healthy and happy to now "blow" it :(

now fluctuate sometimes 1-3 lbs

but thats ok by me

never said this was easy :wacko: (despite what non WLS OP say about this being the "easy way out")

you've lost 90 lbs :)

woo hoo

party dance party dance :)

kathy

congrats

Edited by proudgrammy

Hi there. Thank u so much for your reply. I guess its good to know im not the only one thinking this way about the weight gain.

If I can ask what are your portion sizes now like? I can comfortably eat one scrambled egg on a slice of toast with onion but I just dont want to be doing any damage. So some advice on portion sizes I should be eating would be great.

Thanks,

Tanya

portion sizes

tanya

i usually have one scrambled egg every morning

borrrrrrring - i need to find something else easy to get some variety

lunch is usually my FAGE yogurt with fresh blueberries and granola :)

ummmmm ummmm good :)

i frequently will have a baby bel cheese mid day

lunch - tuna, or egg salad , cottage cheese w/pineapple - or my favorite standby of yogurt

i have a cannister set - with coffee, then sugar, and cream (for hubby) and then sweet 'n low (put one in my yogurt)

and last cannister is kept full with granola :)

dinner - chicken i.e. i will have about 4 oz then veggies

snack later

like i said earlier, its ok/good to remind yourself you "might" gain weight

but don't dwell on it!!!

those thoughts are a reminder for me

that i need to be careful with my choices and quantities for the rest of my healthier, happier, longer life :)

u can do it too - i have confidence in you :)

keep up the good work :)

kathy

congrats

ooooooop :(

double posting

deleted

Edited by proudgrammy