Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ultimate Protein Pancakes

Hello Band Buddies

I tried this new recipe today... they were GREAT... I added vanilla extract and for a topping I also used a touch of low calorie Syrup.< /p>

Enjoy!!

Tom, Toronto

Banded: July 6 06

Wt. Loss: 160 lbs

Ultimate Protein pancakes
Ingredients:
6 oz plain Greek yogurt
1 large egg white
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup (about 2/3 scoop) vanilla whey Protein powder
1 tsp baking soda
**You can also add in vanilla extract and strawberries
Directions:
In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients (protein powder, flour, and baking soda), and mix with a fork until well combined. In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients (egg white and yogurt) and mix until well combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, stirring as you go. The batter should become thick. Add in any extras for flavour, and keep mixing until everything is totally combined.
Heat a skillet over medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Drop batter by the spoonful into the pan. pancakes will expand as they cook, so don’t put them too close together. When little bubbles start to form all throughout the pancake, it’s time to flip it. Flip it a couple of times until it’s thoroughly cooked. Transfer pancakes to a plate, and top with whatever you’d like. They’re very flavourful on their own, but adding a couple tablespoons of syrup make them even better!
Makes 6 large pancakes.
Nutritional information:
Calories: 314 | Carbs: 34g | Fat: 1g | Protein: 43g

I am for sure trying this recipie this week! Thank you Tom!

I made them again for lunch today.

I've been making them in small circle sizes.

They're so good !

Tom, Toronto

Banded July 6 06

Wt. Loss: 160 lbs

Tom, I made these pancakes today for my son, grandson, and myself they where good! I cooked up some turkey bacon and scrambled some eggs, a great 4th of July Breakfast for all. Question...the calorie, carb, fat, Protein that is divided by the number of pancakes you make correct? My batter I got 4 pancakes and not six. Thanks for sharing good tasting pancakes!!!!

pancakes, and just about anything made from flour - dough, breads, cakes, etc.....for me anyway......, is not band friendly at all....