Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Power Walk - same creators as C25K

I am only 5 weeks out, so C25K is a little premature. I wanted something that would get me walking and my friends all loved the C25K program. So I looked up the other BlueFin apps and found one called PowerWalk. It gradually increases you walking time from 20 minutes to 70 minutes. It also instructs you to increase you speed for several intervals during each walk. I have found that I enjoy the program and have really increased my intensity. It recommends 4 days a week and ups the time and pace every 4th workout (week). I'm on week 3 and have the setting so I can keep walking longer even if the workout is over. It keeps tracking the whole time and then you can journal your walk after you are done!

I just wanted to share this with others who aren't too far out from post-op. This is a great tool just like our sleeves!

ANYTHING is better than nothing.....

I could not even attempt to jog, until I got to the point where I lost a lot of weight....just too much stress...high impact...on my body and joints....with every step I could feel all the fat rise up and fall.......

So I did the elliptical for a year straight....

I could not even attempt to jog, until I got to the point where I lost a lot of weight....just too much stress...high impact...on my body and joints....with every step I could feel all the fat rise up and fall.......

B52

So glad to read this.....

I too had soooo much additional weight that I couldn't even consider jogging. I started off on the bike seven months ago (bc I didn't have to carry my own weight). Eventually moved on to elliptical ...now I'm up to 60 minutes , 6.2-6.3 miles, 6 days/week .

But I really want to start jogging...... You can't elliptical a 5K or a 10K...... And I want to experience these things. I think I'm going to have to try starting at our neighborhood walking/running/biking path because I LOOK LIKE A DUCK trying this on the treadmill.

Anyway, that's my new fitness goal..... TO RUN!!!!

B52

So glad to read this.....

I too had soooo much additional weight that I couldn't even consider jogging. I started off on the bike seven months ago (bc I didn't have to carry my own weight). Eventually moved on to elliptical ...now I'm up to 60 minutes , 6.2-6.3 miles, 6 days/week .

But I really want to start jogging...... You can't elliptical a 5K or a 10K...... And I want to experience these things. I think I'm going to have to try starting at our neighborhood walking/running/biking path because I LOOK LIKE A DUCK trying this on the treadmill.

Anyway, that's my new fitness goal..... TO RUN!!!!

You would be surprised what you can do on the elliptical....I wear a Heart rate strap, and by adjusting the resistance way up on the elliptical I could get just as good cardio as I now get running....and sweat just as much...

I used to do, along with periods of a "Steady State" intervals of "Hill Climbs" and "Downhill Sprints"

Once I started to loose some considerable weight, it was easy to transition over to the treadmill....I knew I was ready.