Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Long Process

Hey everyone. I started my lap band research back in January 2012. Wow it's been a whole year can't believe that. When I started I had issues with my husbands insurance not wanting to cover the band. I was told that I would have been able to appeal the insurance company and more than likely win the appeal. Well.... 2 weeks before my 1st appointment the drs office called me and said no matter how much appealing I would do the insurance wouldn't cover the cost. Omw. Talk about depression and being down. So.... I've picked my self up and went on and trying to save up money to pay for it out of pocket. Just recently my husbands company switched insurance companies and they cover the lap band. I'm so excited!!!! My consultation appointment is jan. 9. I give God all the praise and glory because he has met a need in my life. And He knew what I needed. I'm so thankful.

If you are having issues hang in there and hold out.

What great news! Congrats! If I were you, I would start gathering any information your insurance may want for pre-approval now! The more you have prepared already, the faster you get approved!

Yes I called the insurance company today and found out the great news. And then I called the dr to get the ball rolling. The insurance company gave me the details of what I needed to know and the qualifications for it. The only one I haven't done/kinda doing is the diet plan for 6 months :(. So......... Soon enough my time will be here. Patience is a game that I'm not good at but need to learn. Lol

Hooray! Sometimes these things are simply out of your hands and you have to wait it out. I was supposed to be banded in October of last year. Just before the surgery, Hurricane Sandy hit and the hospital was flooded. They didn't reopen until January and that's when the surgery took place. It was frustrating at the time but almost a year later, the delay had no impact.

Have you done any weight loss programs that you paid for/have proof of particpating in in the last year? Sometimes they will accept that as your 6 months of a weight-loss program. You may also look back in your records from previous doctor visits and see if weight loss was discussed. Good luck!

I do have one from 2009-2010 it was when I was on Atkins and I only lost like 20 something Pounds and gained it all back plus a lot more ????. But I have been tracking on fitness pal for calories for the past month and that's from the drs to do. So I would only have 5 months to go. So maybe by my 24th bday I can have an approval ????

It has been a long process for me as well. I started my supervised weightloss plan with my doc dec 2012. I'm still waiting after submitting everything to the ins 7 months ago. Of course I had to go through the appeals process with ins and now my employer, who is self insured. If they still won't approve it, I'll have to look into self pay options. I really thought by this time this year I would be on my new journey.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches