Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Misery loves company

I had a long day of pre-op yesterday and today is my last day of real food. I start a 10 day liquid diet tomorrow and feel rather emotional about it. I'm excited because I've wanted this for so long, yet I'm scared that I won't be able to conquer this diet. I know that it is the one last hoop I must jump through, but it is such a long time to be strong. I'm trying to think like the bariatric team told me yesterday - this is my part in making my actual surgery a success (shrinking my liver so the surgeon can do his part with ease).

Since misery loves company...who else is starting or doing the liquid diet?

I had a long day of pre-op yesterday and today is my last day of real food. I start a 10 day liquid diet tomorrow and feel rather emotional about it. I'm excited because I've wanted this for so long' date=' yet I'm scared that I won't be able to conquer this diet. I know that it is the one last hoop I must jump through, but it is such a long time to be strong. I'm trying to think like the bariatric team told me yesterday - this is my part in making my actual surgery a success (shrinking my liver so the surgeon can do his part with ease).

Since misery loves company...who else is starting or doing the liquid diet? [/quote']

I've had my surgery but the liquid diet was the hardest thing for me I cheated the first day but I could have nothing no shake dairy just broth and Water but I had3 crackers a day I only lost 6lbs bur that was ok hope you do well

Mz Shay

I had a long day of pre-op yesterday and today is my last day of real food. I start a 10 day liquid diet tomorrow and feel rather emotional about it. I'm excited because I've wanted this for so long' date=' yet I'm scared that I won't be able to conquer this diet. I know that it is the one last hoop I must jump through, but it is such a long time to be strong. I'm trying to think like the bariatric team told me yesterday - this is my part in making my actual surgery a success (shrinking my liver so the surgeon can do his part with ease).

Since misery loves company...who else is starting or doing the liquid diet? [/quote']

I have 3 days left of my 2 weeks...my (NUT) plan is 3 shakes a sf pudding, a greek yogurt and cream of chicken Soup along with my Water and broth....It comes out to about 900 to 1000 cal a day 90 to 107 gr of Protein...I lost 10lbs first week and I feel so good....a lot of it is mind over matter, im way to excited! Good luck!

I have 3 days left of my 2 weeks...my (NUT) plan is 3 shakes a sf pudding' date=' a greek yogurt and cream of chicken Soup along with my Water and broth....It comes out to about 900 to 1000 cal a day 90 to 107 gr of Protein...I lost 10lbs first week and I feel so good....a lot of it is mind over matter, im way to excited! Good luck![/quote']

Im also doing the same diet, I didnt do very well the first week and a half but yesterday I really set my mind to it and did it...I have lost about 10lbs also

Im also doing the same diet' date=' I didnt do very well the first week and a half but yesterday I really set my mind to it and did it...I have lost about 10lbs also[/quote']

Awesome job! Some days have been tough watching my eat something yummy but I just keep telling myself I have given in to temptation all these years its time to say no and take control...and I have to say control feels pretty darn good!

I got through day 1 without much trouble, but I did get a headache by the end of the day. This afternoon, I'm struggling a little because I'm missing our family Sunday lunch. I'm hiding out in the bedroom while my husband and teens eat together.

My 10 day diet consists of 4 (or more) Protein shakes per day, broth, sf Jello, sf popsicles and V8 juice (which I don't like).

I got through day 1 without much trouble' date=' but I did get a headache by the end of the day. This afternoon, I'm struggling a little because I'm missing our family Sunday lunch. I'm hiding out in the bedroom while my husband and teens eat together.

My 10 day diet consists of 4 (or more) Protein shakes per day, broth, sf Jello, sf popsicles and V8 juice (which I don't like).[/quote']

Thats great, first couple are the toughest, the headache is a side effect from the lack of carbs...get some fat free chicken broth, must Nuts consider this as Water intake, it will help with headaches and a welcome break from all the cold sweet...good luck

Thats great' date=' first couple are the toughest, the headache is a side effect from the lack of carbs...get some fat free chicken broth, must Nuts consider this as Water intake, it will help with headaches and a welcome break from all the cold sweet...good luck[/quote']

Im am also having headaches and im also hidings! In my room while my family has dinner. I am using this private time to write letters to my family to tell them thank you for being by my side :)

I start my 14 day pre-op in the morning. My Husband only has to do the 7 day pre-op. we are both scheduled for Monday 11-11-13. Thank you for the great idea of writing letters to our loved ones.

I start my 14 day pre-op in the morning. My Husband only has to do the 7 day pre-op. we are both scheduled for Monday 11-11-13. Thank you for the great idea of writing letters to our loved ones.

I have 7 children and I just wanted them to know how much that I loved them :)

Day 3...I've heard it can be the hardest. I'm hungry today and have quite a headache tonight. At least my husband is out of town and doesn't have to be exposed to my irritability! ;)

I've discovered that food is EVERYWHERE...tv, newspapers, Facebook, my family's conversations...I thought Netflix would be safe because there are no commercials, but the shows still have eating scenes!

just think of it this way, What is two weeks outta a life time? And I just kept reminding myself, how Many times I had over ate, way More than just two weeks...but yeah, It Sux, Best of LUCK you CAN do this!!!!