Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Really hope I can have ny surgery at end of October first week of November I'm a supervisor in major retail store an need to be back to work for crazy black Friday n holidays :)

4 weeks out then working Black Friday that's insane and really hopeful. Not to be negative or anything lol

4 weeks out then working Black Friday that's insane and really hopeful. Not to be negative or anything lol

I really think so they said I only had to be out 2 weeks I'm not going to pick up heavy stuff but will be on feet 8 hours n walking all over store doing things that's why I'm worried bout getting my Water n protien in

I was out two weeks and could've gone back after one. It's possible for it to work for you but try to be prepared for the unexpected, just in case. I work in a bank. When I went back to work I was on my feet all day, though not walking a lot on the job. I wasn't tired and had no problems, aside from a few food-related mishaps as I learned.

To prepare for your return to work, walk as much as possible during your recovery at home. Walking helps you feel better and it will increase you stamina when you return to work. Lots of short walks each day are good, not necessarily walking miles all at once. My doctor recommended climbing stairs also. Don't overdo it. When you return to work try to take more frequent short breaks to rest and drink, and a longer break every four hours to eat some sort of Protein. Don't try new foods at work and don't eat fast - both will result in a painful, miserable time period during which you will be of no use to anybody. Chew your food well, or better yet, make those first meals on your busy days yogurt, pea Soup, Protein shakes (ready made like Atkins), sf pudding w/added Protein powder, or puréed chili. The activity is good for you but it's critical that you stay hydrated, eat protein-rich, and rest as needed. And don't forget those vitamins!

Good luck to you! I'm looking forward to black Friday shopping this year. For six years I've been lower on the seniority list but I finally got it off this year! I don't need to buy much but I love the excitement of it - going out in the dark while everyone is sleeping and seeing the crowds at the well-lit stores (I love people-watching) and listening to Christmas music! Black Friday is to women what deer hunting is to men! Lol

Thank u so much terry for the words of wisdom I going to try an get my schedule down for Vitamin n everything those 2 weeks home an I have a great support system at work everyone knows I'm having it an they are all so positive an I.meet people weekly in my store that give me there stories n support I'm so excited n ready an I have a high tolerance for pain cuz I deal with so much on a daily bases now pinch nerves joint pain back u know I need surgery on a pinch nerve in neck but I'm doing this one first!

Do you have a surgery date yet?

Don't feel too crazy. I work in retail too and I am expected to do a split shift, starting at 7pm on Thanksgiving! Hoping to have my surgery 2nd week in Nov!

Got my date today November 19th I'm so excited finally a day I can look forward to I'm just nervous cuz my my is like so how long u going to be out so I told him I can be there for the black Friday craze but I won't be able to lift an ill have to get.my Water n stuff in so hes cool but I'm nervous wanted the 2 full weeks to get routine down an rested but will see

I am not telling my boss till I hear back from insurance. I hope my surgery is at least by the 14th so I can get two full weeks. Although my company pays the full three week leave, I know what is really expected and going out for "an elective" surgery this close to the holidays is not going to have my boss happy. If I get two weeks, ill be good. Keep me updated!

Yes I get 90 days with the fmla an I have 68 hours of pto but like u said with it so close to holidays an I just got a promotion 2 weeks ago but he knew before he gave it to me that I had started this process so but I'm a work aholic never call out n stuff so I know I'm gana go crazy sitting home to :)

I had an open surgery sept. 4 th and was back to work on sept 19 th two weeks after surgery with staples still in my stomach. I did not lift, I am a manager, did not work more than six hours the first few days back to work, was tired when I got home and took a nap. It can be done, but be careful, doctors have been known to change the date! I went back to work so that I could go to a conference the following week. Good luck I am using a Water bottle brand name Contigo that has a straw - liquid stays in the straw so no bubbles - helps me get in all my Water.< /p>

Surgery date 9/4/2013 HW 259 RYN 238, this week 209

I had an open surgery sept. 4 th and was back to work on sept 19 th two weeks after surgery with staples still in my stomach. I did not lift' date=' I am a manager, did not work more than six hours the first few days back to work, was tired when I got home and took a nap. It can be done, but be careful, doctors have been known to change the date! I went back to work so that I could go to a conference the following week. Good luck I am using a Water bottle brand name Contigo that has a straw - liquid stays in the straw so no bubbles - helps me get in all my Water. Surgery date 9/4/2013 HW 259 RYN 238, this week 209[/quote']

Okay, I am on Amazon right now looking for this Contigo bottle. I love drinking from a straw, so this would be amazing!!!!!

I got it from Walmart about 12.00 dollars.

Surgery date 9/4/2013 HW 269 RYN 238, this week 209

Lol I just saw your post in another area Im so happpy for u ab that it all worked out quickly for u I can't wait for us to start our new journey!!!!