Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone experimented or have knowledge of "dry brushing" to help with skin elasticity/cellulite?

I have some, but not terrible, loose skin and would like to avoid surgery, if possible. I've read that "dry brushing" can help and it's certainly easy and inexpensive. The question is, is it effective?

It's great for circulation !! I do it

I've been doing it for about a month. I'm only 6 weeks post op so I can't tell how effective it is for loose skin yet. However, my skin has never been so soft! I'm also using a homemade lotion of cocoa butter, coconut oil and almond oil that I LOVE.

I've been doing it for about a month. I'm only 6 weeks post op so I can't tell how effective it is for loose skin yet. However' date=' my skin has never been so soft! I'm also using a homemade lotion of cocoa butter, coconut oil and almond oil that I LOVE.[/quote']

Do you make it? If so, would you consider sharing the recipe? Tks!

I got it from this blog. I got all ingredients from Amazon. It is heavenly. Makes you smell like a chocolate bar for 20 minutes or so after application. I consider that a plus!

http://holisticsquid.com/whipped-body-butter-homemade-lotion/

Can you explain dry brushing to me

Use a bath brush andbrush your skin in a circular fashion. Dry skin no moisture. Increases blood flow

It also removed dead skin cells and is good for the lymphatic system. I learned to use straight strokes, not circular, always brush toward the heart.

My skin feels better (softer), not sure if it will look better.

Hi I have just posted on another thread about thermage.

Google and you tube it if you like.

I will certainly use it in the future.

The instrument cools the surface of the skin and heats the lower layers causing the collagen fibers to shrink and get thicker, this smoothes out the skin and gives new support.