Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Sleevers - Men's Room

How about thread for MEN getting sleeved in October.

I was on the 90day program and got approved by Aetna last Friday 10/04/2013. I did my pre-op class Wednesday and I am going under the knife next Friday 10/18/2013.

Congrats and good luck, I was sleeved oct 3rd of last year down 198 lbs.. :D

Congrats and good luck' date=' I was sleeved oct 3rd of last year down 198 lbs[/quote']

Nice!!! How are you feeling 1 year out?

I'm getting sleeved on Monday.

I'm getting sleeved on Monday.

Good luck buddy. Keep me posted how it goes.

That is great! You guys will be 4days ahead of me. Are you guys on a pre-op liquid diet? My dr did not give me a pre-op diet so I am counting down days I have left to eat.

Best of luck to you too, Bigchubs!

I am on a 2 week preop diet. I drink 5 Premier Protein drinks a day. It has been hard a few times but overall doable.

congrats! i just finished my third month. it is quite a journey. highly recommend to throw the exercise in right away to max out the benefits of the sleeve. good luck

congrats! i just finished my third month. it is quite a journey. highly recommend to throw the exercise in right away to max out the benefits of the sleeve. good luck

How are you feeling now? How long was it till you felt normal?

I felt good in a few days. better than normal in that i had no desire to eat and did not think about food 24/7. IT is quite a load off my mind. But the feelings keep changing. it is hard for the mind not to get too worked up: when the weight began to crater i worried it would not continue, when i still did not care about food a month later then i wondered if i would ever be able to eat with other people, now my interest in food is increasing so i worry i will go back to craving food ( not yet). the sleeve is a great reality check--probably its best feature is that when i get a bit in a hurry or get emotionally upset and start eating it stops me right in my tracks.

I was sleeved on Oct 4th 2013 -good luck everyone -I started at 542 before the two week liquid diet 524.8 the morning of my surgery and I'm now at 512.4 this morning. I would assume I'm one of the larger people on this board, but hope to be around 300 by next year.

That is great! You guys will be 4days ahead of me. Are you guys on a pre-op liquid diet? My dr did not give me a pre-op diet so I am counting down days I have left to eat.

Yeah I been on a Protein shake 2 times a day and small meal for dinner for about 70 days . I dropped 35 lbs. Today is the beginning of my 2 day clear liquid preop diet. It has proved to be hard this morning but I'm sure by tomorrow I'll be cool. Well best of luck to u bro. Hope all goes well for all of us.

Good Evening Gents! British sleever here. All done on the 8th and I'm 4 days post op. All good

Good Evening Gents! British sleever here. All done on the 8th and I'm 4 days post op. All good

Awesome!!! How is drinking fluids going?