Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Must learn patience...

This whole pre-op waiting is making the hairs (that will probably fall out after surgery) grey. Im usually so positive- but not today lol.

I am on a 6 month pre-op program. I had my initial consult with the doc, my endoscopy, my psyc, my sleep study (still more to do here...), and I see the dietician in a class every month. Jeez. It seems kind of like an oxymoron to learn all of these things I should be doing now..(nutrition wise)...just to have them tell me it will be totally different after surgery. REALLY?!?!?!?! Just give me the dang surgery and I will do those things rather than change once, then do it again later.

Sorry- just frustrated. Perhaps looking back it will seem like the time 'flew by'...but living through it is LONG! I have 66 days until I see my doc for my pre-op appt and hopefully schedule surgery for the end of Sept/beginning of Oct.

AARRRGGGHHHHHH!

On the upside- thanks to everyone who posts here. I have learned so much!!!!

Patience is something I have NONE of! I know how you feel. Looking back at my process it does seem like it went by fast... but dear Lord while I was going through it took FOREVER!

I read, researched and did everything I could to be "ready"... still seemed like forever!

Good luck, hang in there!

It will all be worth it in the end. Just think of it like this the insurance co has u on a trial run they want to make sure ur ready to commit long term and change ur eating habits. We all have to jump through the hoops to get the dough. Lol. It will all be worth it in the end. Best Wishes ;)

I totally agree! I feel like this 6 month medically supervised diet and all the other hoops required of me are monopolizing my life! I've spent many hours on the phone over two weeks trying to find someone to do my pysch eval due to my rare insurance. I can't imagine having to do all this while working a full time job - right now getting WLS is my job! I lie awake at night trying to determine whether I have all my "ducks in a row" and whether or not I'm doing everything required of me to be approved. To add to the stress, my insurance will end on December 31 and I have no idea what, if any, coverage I will have then. So, WLS must happen before then! My bariatric team isn't the most helpful bunch. I always feel like they don't have time to talk to me. (I would use a different hospital, but my insurance won't cover it. The docs are the same at both hospitals, but the bariatric team is so much better where I can't go. Bummer!)

I totally agree! I feel like this 6 month medically supervised diet and all the other hoops required of me are monopolizing my life! I've spent many hours on the phone over two weeks trying to find someone to do my pysch eval due to my rare insurance. I can't imagine having to do all this while working a full time job - right now getting WLS is my job! I lie awake at night trying to determine whether I have all my "ducks in a row" and whether or not I'm doing everything required of me to be approved. To add to the stress' date=' my insurance will end on December 31 and I have no idea what, if any, coverage I will have then. So, WLS must happen before then! My bariatric team isn't the most helpful bunch. I always feel like they don't have time to talk to me. (I would use a different hospital, but my insurance won't cover it. The docs are the same at both hospitals, but the bariatric team is so much better where I can't go. Bummer!)[/quote']

The sqeaky wheel gets the grease. Therefore, bug them until you get answers remember, they work for you!

This whole pre-op waiting is making the hairs (that will probably fall out after surgery) grey. Im usually so positive- but not today lol.

I am on a 6 month pre-op program. I had my initial consult with the doc' date=' my endoscopy, my psyc, my sleep study (still more to do here...), and I see the dietician in a class every month. Jeez. It seems kind of like an oxymoron to learn all of these things I should be doing now..(nutrition wise)...just to have them tell me it will be totally different after surgery. REALLY?!?!?!?! Just give me the dang surgery and I will do those things rather than change once, then do it again later.

Sorry- just frustrated. Perhaps looking back it will seem like the time 'flew by'...but living through it is LONG! I have 66 days until I see my doc for my pre-op appt and hopefully schedule surgery for the end of Sept/beginning of Oct.

AARRRGGGHHHHHH!

On the upside- thanks to everyone who posts here. I have learned so much!!!![/quote']

I spent my waiting time doing everything in my power to prepare mentally and physically. I completely changed my eating habits (gave up meat completely) and made lists of all of the things I need to buy, ie heating pad, toddler utensils, Protein powders, etc.

I can only speak for myself but I know that I'm not going to get some new found discipline when I wake up from surgery. I told myself that I have to learn his to say no to food now, that's why I gave up meat, I could eat a huge plate of chicken wings in one sitting and have ribs for dessert. LOL

But seriously this is a once in a lifetime chance for me and I'm going to get everything out of it that I can. I guess my point is, spend your pre-op time trying to find ways to maximize the benefits of this opportunity and you'll be surprised how time will fly. :-)

SD:8/21/13