Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am wanting to have the lap band and in one of the Doctors lists of contraindications is poeple with reflux. Has anybody been refused the L.P because of this. Please can you get back to me because I have arranged to go over to Belgium for my opp next month

I had severe reflux before surgery. I was taking Prilosec OTC plus 4 extra strength Zantac every day to keep it under control. My doctor still did the surgery and told me that it would make the reflux go away. And he was right. I haven't had even a single episode of heartburn since the surgery 4 and half weeks ago.

What they will probably do is an Upper GI to see what might be causing they reflux. Mine was a hiatal hernia, Esophogitus, and my stomach was in the wrong place. They repaird all this during my lap-band surgery and for the first time in YEARS, I have no reflux!!!!

I was headed toward Esophogus cancer, but now I have a chance! Thanks to the band and my doc for fixing everything!

Thanks to sunshine2 and enterprise01 I will go back to the Dr Dillomans in Belgium and ask him to reconsider my case> I would like the adjustable lap band as opposed to the Mclean surgery. I will keep you posted.

Thanks to sunshine2 and enterprise01 I will go back to the Dr Dillomans in Belgium and ask him to reconsider my case> I would like the adjustable lap band as opposed to the Mclean surgery. I will keep you posted.

Patbb, I tried to respond to your email message, but your email on this forum is blocked. Anyway, my surgeon is Dr. Hadar Spivak in Houston. If you want to check him out, here is his website: http://www.lap-surgery.net/