Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

pcos and had surgery 1-21-13

My husband wants children but I have had pcos almost my entire life but was diagnosed few years ago I'm 25 so I hope I can have kids since before i was overweight I had issues , never been regular , last period 2 yrs ago ans it comes on and off every few years I hope we can have children in a few years with out meds ....btw I'm a triplet at birth was only one to survive ans my husband has twins in his family so I hope its not true that after the surgery u are way fertille where multiples is big chance but if God wants me to have them then I have no choice but my mom has 7 girls living and my sisters have 2 + kids each I'm the only one who has had pcos and this surgery bc they are 150 lbs and under so hopefully it will help , anyone have this issue with pcos and have a child or children now ?

I'm still preop but yes - pcos for years and got pregnant without trying after a big weight loss - what Q's do you have?

My question was is it possible to get pregnant and get regular monthly periods ? Is it true that because of pcos and having gb you have high chances of multiples?

Having PCOS can increase your risk on having multiples, yes. You don't ovulate regularly and are more likely then someone without PCOS to release multiple eggs when you actually do ovulate....I've had multiple patients over the last 12 years who have lost 50+ pounds and suddenly become pregnant. Some thrilled because they wanted kids, some not so thrilled because they didn't....that said, I do know some people with PCOS that are not obese and are having fertility issues....I wish you the best!!!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 241.6

Okay thanks for the reply and I will let you know when I do have kids when we are ready Thanks

Surgery: Jan 21, 2013.

Weight Prior to surgery: 368 lbs

19 days later : 340 lbs

I just found out i am pregnant yesterday and i have pcos 5 months post op

Sent from my DROID4 using RNYTalk

I just found out i am pregnant yesterday and i have pcos 5 months post op

Congrats , is it safe this early?

living4myself_gb1-21-13:

Congrats ' date=' is it safe this early?

living4myself_gb1-21-13:[/quote']

I dont know that answer yet i see the ob tomorroW

Okay thanks for the reply and I will let you know when I do have kids when we are ready Thanks

Surgery: Jan 21' date=' 2013.

Weight Prior to surgery: 368 lbs

19 days later : 340 lbs[/quote']

I'm in a similar boat. Preop 367. Dos 10/15/12. I have pcos too but birth control regulated my period. Now, my Feb period is late. I'm not pregnant but am confused. Hopefully things get better for u!

I dont know that answer yet i see the ob tomorroW

The nurse at my surgeon's office got pregnant about 1 month post-op. she had previously been told she could never have children so she wasn't even thinking it was a possibility. She had a fairly rough pregnancy but the baby was very healthy and so is she. She ended up with a nutrition IV because she wasn't getting enough for the baby, but that was months 6-9. Anyway, the point of my post is that both you and baby should be fine. Just make sure that both your OBGYN and surgeon are aware of the situation and follow what they say.

I'm in a similar boat. Preop 367. Dos 10/15/12. I have pcos too but birth control regulated my period. Now' date=' my Feb period is late. I'm not pregnant but am confused. Hopefully things get better for u![/quote']

Birth control never worked in the past even with a combination of hormone pills it would only come for a month then it would disappear so I hope this surgery will get rid of pcos , I have had spotting here and there for less then a day about 2 times after surgery 1-21-13 so I hope it works. Wish you the best

living4myself_gb1-21-13:

The nurse at my surgeon's office got pregnant about 1 month post-op. she had previously been told she could never have children so she wasn't even thinking it was a possibility. She had a fairly rough pregnancy but the baby was very healthy and so is she. She ended up with a nutrition IV because she wasn't getting enough for the baby' date=' but that was months 6-9. Anyway, the point of my post is that both you and baby should be fine. Just make sure that both your OBGYN and surgeon are aware of the situation and follow what they say.[/quote']

Ty my Endocrinology dr says i will be fine so fingers crossed

I have known about my PCOS for 15 yrs and Im still trying. I had my surgery on July 23 and afterwards my cycles were on the dot, but now I too skipped February :( getting depressed now. I dont understand whats going on. IM AT 20 DAYS LATE! And 3 neg pregnancy test. Im so angry. Im 35 and times a ticking.